maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Nokia n900 not charging connect to the charges,vibrates and white nokia screen appears for a few seconds bu goes dark again..keeps on repeating....help!!!!!!! (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84009)

toxicated 2012-05-01 14:44

Nokia n900 not charging connect to the charges,vibrates and white nokia screen appears for a few seconds bu goes dark again..keeps on repeating....help!!!!!!!

Hi,
I stopped using my n900 for a while since i was using my other phone for a few days.After a few days when i wanted to use my nokia n900 again it wont charge.I mean it was working completly fine till the time i was using it but when i stopped and i guess the battery drained out aswell.But, now when i connect it to the wall charger the phone vibrates the nokia screen comes up with a usb sign on the top corner for a few seconds but powers off again.i tried reflashing it aswell but the same is happening when i connect it to the computer.I pressed the 'U' button and connected it to the computer but again the same problem kept happening..It wont stop..whenever i put it on charging this whole thing keeps on repeating...i really dont knw what to do since its not ready to even flash or connect to the computer for the least..PLEASE HELP ME!!I LOVE MY NOKIA N900.i had worked fine since 2 years never gave me a problem.flashed it used nitroid,did evrythng but i never faced any problem..i dunoo why this is happening...any advice would be highly helpfull..sorry if a similar thread existd but wasn't able to find anythng with the same problem...PLEASE HELP!!

sifo 2012-05-01 14:52

Re: Nokia n900 not charging connect to the charges,vibrates and white nokia screen appears for a few seconds bu goes dark again..keeps on repeating....help!!!!!!!

excuse me but this is what happen when you leave your N900 :p
Quote:

sorry if a similar thread existed but wasn't able to find anything with the same problem...PLEASE HELP!!
for sure you wont because no on here left his N900 alone :D
btw read the trouble shooting on the wiki that may help you ;)

nkirk 2012-05-01 15:00

Re: Nokia n900 not charging connect to the charges,vibrates and white nokia screen appears for a few seconds bu goes dark again..keeps on repeating....help!!!!!!!

Sounds your bat is completely dead, charge it from an external charger and see if it turns on. If not try take out the battery for a few mins and try keeping it connected for a PC USB port for couple of hours. If it doesn't work try the wall charger, phone turning on and off is normal for a dead battery, don't rush the process as you might not succeed in the first go.

/nkirk

immi.shk 2012-05-01 15:08

or you can charge your battery in your frend's NOKIA 5800

toxicated 2012-05-02 05:29

well i have tried evrythng..from putting it on charging for a long while pc and wall charger aswell...all it does is keeps on showing the nokia screen and power off n keeps on repeating it..i dnt knw wths wrong :(

yauchildchew 2012-05-02 08:41

i am actualy facing the exactly same problem now.
i also had this problem before.

i have 2 batteries and long time ago batteryA started to stop charging anymore. just few weeks ago, when i tried batteryA again, it charged and worked.

just few days ago, i left my N900 unused and now both batteries and the N900 are having the problem as mentioned in the beginning of this thread.

i searched and didnt have to create new topic :)
hope someone can provide explanation, if not solution.

mkhib 2012-05-02 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxicated (Post 1200107)
Hi,
I stopped using my n900 for a while since i was using my other phone for a few days.After a few days when i wanted to use my nokia n900 again it wont charge.I mean it was working completly fine till the time i was using it but when i stopped and i guess the battery drained out aswell.But, now when i connect it to the wall charger the phone vibrates the nokia screen comes up with a usb sign on the top corner for a few seconds but powers off again.i tried reflashing it aswell but the same is happening when i connect it to the computer.I pressed the 'U' button and connected it to the computer but again the same problem kept happening..It wont stop..whenever i put it on charging this whole thing keeps on repeating...i really dont knw what to do since its not ready to even flash or connect to the computer for the least..PLEASE HELP ME!!I LOVE MY NOKIA N900.i had worked fine since 2 years never gave me a problem.flashed it used nitroid,did evrythng but i never faced any problem..i dunoo why this is happening...any advice would be highly helpfull..sorry if a similar thread existd but wasn't able to find anythng with the same problem...PLEASE HELP!!

You have To use a 5800 To charge your battery then flash your N900 with Maemo Flasher . but your bootloader maybe doesn't work too. You have to reinstall it (I don't know how)

yauchildchew 2012-05-03 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkhib (Post 1200945)
You have To use a 5800 To charge your battery then flash your N900 with Maemo Flasher . but your bootloader maybe doesn't work too. You have to reinstall it (I don't know how)

ur 1st post.

toxicated 2012-05-03 15:38

i am tryin to get hold of the battery...so lets see if it works,,,would probly flash it this weekend..

PMaff 2012-05-03 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by immi.shk (Post 1200137)
or you can charge your battery in your frend's NOKIA 5800

Maybe this helps also:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...7&postcount=13

toxicated 2012-05-04 18:08

not working :(

rm42 2012-05-04 18:30

As others have said, you need to charge the battery with something other than the N900. Unfortunately, if a batter is completely drained it cannot be charged with the N900. So find another charger to charge it with.

If after putting a charged battery the N900 doesn't work, then you have other problems.

dumpystig 2012-05-04 19:38

Does this thread qualify for the longest title ever...? :p

yauchildchew 2012-05-06 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm42 (Post 1201973)
As others have said, you need to charge the battery with something other than the N900. Unfortunately, if a batter is completely drained it cannot be charged with the N900. So find another charger to charge it with.

If after putting a charged battery the N900 doesn't work, then you have other problems.

he is not alone obviously.

Virtuality 2012-05-06 13:16

Try using another nokia battery(any battery that can fit in the n900 battery plugin, not necessary to be a n900 battery, for example I use the nokia 6303 battery when I face a similar problem). Then, using this battery, do a reflash to your n900. And after the reflash put the n900 battery you have and try charging it again.

yauchildchew 2012-05-06 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxicated (Post 1201965)
not working :(

i just flashed successfully!
the problem was WIndows 7 64bit.

yauchildchew 2012-05-06 13:48

ya, its booting now ;)
thanks everyone!

so whats the cause for this problem? the bootloader stuff?
how can it be broken?
before this, i was tweaking around with nitdroid, multiboot, backupmenu and maemeemo.

anyone have any idea which or what maybe the fault?

toxicated 2012-05-29 03:13

well....tried evrythng...no luck...tried a new battery...no luck...the damn thng wont start :\

ArchiMark 2012-05-29 04:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by toxicated (Post 1214177)
well....tried evrythng...no luck...tried a new battery...no luck...the damn thng wont start :\

How did you charge the new battery?......

As others have said, best thing is to charge your battery either in external charger (I recently bought one on ebay for $5...works great...) or another device...

Hopefully, if you get a well charged battery in N900, it will boot up for you...

naru 2012-05-29 04:34

hello i am naresh hear

now 1st explain me when u pluck charger or usb wich msg comes on disply ? i am asking u thats why 3 kind of charging problem and all are difrent (1) no charging (2) charger not suported (3) not charging

wich msg u are showing on disply when u pluck the charger ?

toxicated 2012-05-30 03:27

mark @ well i charged the new battery using different device...fully charged on an another device...

naru @ no msg comes...its jus that whn i pluck the charger in the phone vibrates and the nokia symbol comes up with the white bakground..and it keeps on happening agn and agn...repeats....no basically its not taking the charging any how...bcuz m sure its gettin the current bcuz it show a white screen but thts it!!uske aage kuch nahe hota!!and if i connect it usding the computer usb the same thng happns...the computer is not evn identifying it...if that happnz i would still have a chance of flashing it but thts not possible either :(

mr2600 2012-10-03 06:48

I am still unsure if anyone has found a solution that isn't using another nokia device or a separate self contained wall charger? I am unable to order one in where I am at the moment and the n900 is my only phone and its died from battery and now I can't get it up again.

:(

MrBigCow 2012-10-03 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr2600 (Post 1275685)
I am still unsure if anyone has found a solution that isn't using another nokia device or a separate self contained wall charger? I am unable to order one in where I am at the moment and the n900 is my only phone and its died from battery and now I can't get it up again.

:(

have you tried plugging it into a wall charger for at least an hour? be patient while charging and do not try to turn the phone on in the first hour of charging. just plug it in for an hour or two, then unplug it first and try turning the phone on?

mr2600 2012-10-03 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBigCow (Post 1275703)
have you tried plugging it into a wall charger for at least an hour? be patient while charging and do not try to turn the phone on in the first hour of charging. just plug it in for an hour or two, then unplug it first and try turning the phone on?

Yeh I have had it in for over 2hrs - it keeps looping through the nokia logo. Tried wall charger and usb.

Will keep trying - will I be able to reflash in its current state?

parth.rocky 2012-10-03 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr2600 (Post 1275709)
Yeh I have had it in for over 2hrs - it keeps looping through the nokia logo. Tried wall charger and usb.

Will keep trying - will I be able to reflash in its current state?

hey..i was already going through this problem...in my case it was a hardware problem..shorting in some circuit...
i guess u must have installed backup menu or boot menu which can cause permanent hardware damage....
so u should go to repair it..

parth.rocky 2012-10-03 07:50

i had the same problem...nokia logo comes..stay for some seconds n then disappear...
bt after getting repaired its working fine...its most probablt hardware problem..or may be of software..

MrBigCow 2012-10-03 07:55

it is worth a try since you wouldn't mind about losing the data in your
phone.
are you planning to flash the rootfs only or the emmc as well? due to the current condition, you might need to reflash both if flashing the rootfs doesn't solve the problem -or it gets stuck halfway during the flashing process.
oh, and on a side note - do remove the sim card and memory card, then try rebooting the device. see if this works before reflashing. sometimes the simplest steps might be the cure for the most serious issues LOL

MrBigCow 2012-10-03 07:58

i'm using bootmenu and backupmenu, and have been using them for quite some time. works perfectly for me though =)
n900 is a real tough bugger - haven't really heard of news about hardware failure due to software modding, only hardware failures from dropping the phone XD

ranbaxy 2012-10-04 08:03

@toxicated: Problem solved?

justadude 2012-10-04 08:48

For what its worth I had the EXACT same boot loop issue after dropping my N900. After many many many x50 attempts to get it to boot, it would only normally boot certain times when I would plug my charger in during said boot loop off the battery. Even after reflashing kernel and emmc (only when it would cooperate) it would still do the same and once in a blue moon it would boot then give hard disk error because it wouldn't recognize the emmc. Since then I got my N9. It could mysteriously or coincidentally be a hardware issue. My condolences if that is the case. :(

misterc 2014-08-02 10:48

had issues as mentioned in this thread
  • not charging at all (just going dark after initial vibration when connecting USB)
  • starting up, yellow led starting to flash and then staying on for several minutes and finally rebooting and starting all over

finally connected it to a 4W charger & charging normally.