maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N9 / N950 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Nokia Drive Question (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83048)

dazzlez 2012-03-15 12:38

Nokia Drive Question

Hi,
First post here :)
I am a new user of this N9 and i would like to ask a question. I would like to know is there is any option in the Nokia Drive to show estimated time of arrival instead of km left. iŽbeen looking though the settings but canŽt find any way to show ETA.
Thx!

afaq 2012-03-15 14:39

Re: Nokia Drive Question

Welcome to TMO.

I dont believe this feature currently exists. A lot of new things were bought to the table with the update PR1.2 but not this.

On an unrelated note- I noticed there is a speed limit set in the Settings. Mine is incorrect for my region - there seems to be no way to change this.

cddiede 2012-03-15 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by afaq (Post 1179835)
Welcome to TMO.

I dont believe this feature currently exists. A lot of new things were bought to the table with the update PR1.2 but not this.

On an unrelated note- I noticed there is a speed limit set in the Settings. Mine is incorrect for my region - there seems to be no way to change this.

Damn. If only we had a bugtracker.... :(

jalyst 2012-03-15 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by cddiede (Post 1179838)
Damn. If only we had a bugtracker.... :(

:(

I'm tempted to start reporting new bugs in existing bugs, just to piss them off :rolleyes:

catbus 2012-03-15 21:37

^Same idea came to my mind also... New bug for same category... Actually i haven't found any new, only kind of feature-request or entertainment... (oops, my bad)

Just checked that speedlimit -thing... Very odd implement, may i say... Would be very nice to see somekind of importing feature (.pot?) of those tincan-police coordinates...

Arie 2012-03-15 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalyst (Post 1179937)
:(

I'm tempted to start reporting new bugs in existing bugs, just to piss them off :rolleyes:

You realize Soumaya and Risto and all are way too bogged down as is? They are doing their best, your frustration is with people far above them. Leave them alone and be appreciative of all they are doing for us. There was Kontorri, there's Sergey Kashin, and a few others, we have to treat the people that deal with us the best we can, so they can help push for what we want done. If they feel beat up and abused, they won't help our case. Put yourself in their shoes. They are trying to help us. Don't make their lives difficult.

SamGan 2012-03-15 23:53

How many people are left in Nokia's Harmattan team now? I fear to know the answer.

jalyst 2012-03-16 16:21

Quote:

You realize Soumaya and Risto and all are way too bogged down as is? They are doing their best, your frustration is with people far above them. Leave them alone and be appreciative of all they are doing for us. There was Kontorri, there's Sergey Kashin, and a few others, we have to treat the people that deal with us the best we can, so they can help push for what we want done. If they feel beat up and abused, they won't help our case. Put yourself in their shoes. They are trying to help us. Don't make their lives difficult.
I said tempted... tempted... ;)
I'm know where most Nokia devs are positioned in this giant soap opera.

If I ever did it, it'd only be for bugs closely related to pre-existing ones, not enhancement requests.
Maybe I'd also report them where they've suggested, Nokia dev forum ;)

tora 2012-03-16 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by afaq (Post 1179835)
Welcome to TMO.

As I understood it, the "speed limit" in the Settings is actually only a threshold: if the speed limit on the road your're driving on is under 80Km/h, please warn me if I exceed the speed limit by X Km/h(you can choose a value between 0 and 30 Km/h, let's take for example 10 Km/h); if it is instead over 80Km/h, please warn me if I exceed the speed limit by Y Km/h (for example 20Km/h).
So if you're driving on a road where the speed limit is 100Km/h you'll get warned if your speed exceeds the 120Km/h but if the speed limit is 60Km/h you'll get warned if you exceed 70Km/h.

optimistprime 2012-03-20 21:54

Are we getting the new Nokia drive update on the n9?