maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Themes (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   [N9] Harmattan 2.0 theme project (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92773)

DJJonosound 2014-02-26 09:36

[N9] Harmattan 2.0 theme project

I thought this would be a cool idea. Basically, its an open source theme project. Anyone can contribute, just post here and I will add you to the git contributors list. Dont know how to make themes? Feel free to ask. Hopefully we can get a decent amount of people to help out and it will be a successful project.

Design goals/ideas:
If harmattan was made in 2014, what would it look like?
This project aims to put a modern twist on the harmattan look, which some still like. We can make the colors brighter, flatten the UI, change from light to dark or dark to light. Whatever seems appropriate.

Contributors list:
DJJonosound (DJJonosound)
don.edri (don-edri)
thecoder (inxp)
dak_sriv
Akkumaru

Want to contribute?
PM/post your github username.

Git link

There is a poll above, have a vote on what sort of design aspects should be used. Also, please contribute. This project will go no where without contributors.

Hurrian 2014-02-26 10:05

Re: [N9] Harmattan 2.0 theme project

I dunno about anyone else, but I think Harmattan's "fade into the OLED" aesthetic is pretty timeless.

Glacier is suposed a mild rework of Harmattan - moving out some half-baked ideas, and taking some inspiration from Android and WP.

Of course, we can't radically change Harmattan as it is now ;)
If I were you, I'd start on darkening the UI, continuing with the high-contrast thing Nokia's got going on in the Settings app.

The bottom menu bars in the Contacts and Messaging app look atrocious, and I've been wanting to change them out for some time now.

DJJonosound 2014-02-26 12:08

Sounds like you should contribute :p I do plan on getting some inspiration from glacier. Darkening will lool nice. And i have to agree. The oled thing looks nasty.. I get really bad banding.

thecoder 2014-02-26 18:14

I want to contribute...but I dont know anything.:(

haider378 2014-02-26 20:32

theme implementation idea is better in WP i.e every thing black on white and white on black

DJJonosound 2014-02-26 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecoder (Post 1414481)
I want to contribute...but I dont know anything.

I can still add you to the git. All of the files are there, take a look. Most of it is css and a bit of xml. Easy to learn. You can still contribute by helping with icons though :)

haider378 2014-02-27 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJonosound (Post 1414515)
I can still add you to the git. All of the files are there, take a look. Most of it is css and a bit of xml. Easy to learn. You can still contribute by helping with icons though :)

I will do it for my N9:) also for of :o others

Seful 2014-02-27 09:14

Anceled here?

Ancelad 2014-02-27 09:17

I'm going to finish my theme at first.

DJJonosound 2014-02-27 09:48

At the moment the design looks like it will be aimed at:
WALLPAPER: Simple, UI: Flat, SHADE: Dark
If you dont know how to make themes, ask, I can help :)
Please remember, this project aims at a large amount of collaboration with the N9 community. The more people who help, the quicker updates and fixes can happen. The more people who vote, the more tailored the theme will be for the N9 community.