maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Games (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Angry Birds Levelpack back in OVI-Store (Edit: and now not, again) (Edit: yay back lol) (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=45904)

Corwin 2010-02-26 06:44

Angry Birds Levelpack back in OVI-Store (Edit: and now not, again) (Edit: yay back lol)

Hi there,

just a heads up, the Angry Birds Levelpack is back in Ovi-Store for (in my case) € 2,99. This is the chance for all of us who just installed it last time to buy it now and show Rovio that it makes $en$e to develop more great games like this one for Maemo5 / MeeGo :)

Best regards,
Corwin

God's Toy 2010-02-26 06:55

Re: Angry Birds Levelpack back in OVI-Store

Yep already a thread or two about but I read somewhere Germany didn't have it yet.
funny that for me (Ireland) it was €4

NokiaRocks 2010-02-26 06:57

3$=3€=fail

bockersjv 2010-02-26 06:59

It has not appeared back on the UK store yet :(

Corwin 2010-02-26 06:59

Shame, and in the US it is USD 2,99 ;)

Looked for a thread but could not find it, also the auto-suggest when creating this thread did not come up with it.

I thought it is worth a bump anyway, Angry Birds is hands down the best game on the N900 ATM and the platform needs more of that :)
Judging from a tweet ('It all went wrong') Rovio (maker of AB) seemed really disappointed.
Time to show them we want them and are willing to pay for good work!

Best regards,
Corwin

Corwin 2010-02-26 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks (Post 547058)
3$=3€=fail

It might be in terms of spending power, don't know exactly. I do not really care as the price is OK for me (and I think most people, anyway).

NokiaRocks 2010-02-26 07:06

btw. Germany has got it. You just need to select Popular apps and not free apps.

maxximuscool 2010-02-26 07:13

Man I got it too. 2.99USD lol. But I don't have credit card to buy it gutted.

nath 2010-02-26 07:14

Remember that there are different VATs in different countries, that's one reason for different prices. (And they don't want to sell for 2.64€ but round up to 2.99€ for psychological reasons.)

Good to see that there are finally some commercial apps / games coming to our great device.

bockersjv 2010-02-26 07:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by bockersjv (Post 547060)
It has not appeared back on the UK store yet :(

It is there but did not appear in any of the lists. I did a search and it appeared.

If Roxio are dissapointed with the N900 experience then it is not down to the community. I had tried to buy this when it first came out and been waiting ever since. The samy with Sygic Sat Nav.

It is annoying that developer are seemingly being held back by the flakiness of the current OVI store. :(