maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Jolla Tablet (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Jolla claims Tablet refunds 80% finished (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=96772)

vistaus 2017-10-16 09:36

Re: Jolla claims Tablet refunds 80% finished

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsellout (Post 1536954)
You need to talk to Jolla care, maybe this mixup with email you mention has resulted in you missing their comms.

I checked the old email account and the only Jolla mail I received was the one I found yesterday. I haven't received any other mail from them (other than software updates).

I will talk with Jolla Care then to try and clear this up, thanks :)

pichlo 2017-10-16 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by vistaus (Post 1536944)
Maybe according to your law, but my law says:

"In the case of dissolution of a consumer purchase due to a shortcoming in the fulfillment of the undertaking referred to in article 9 (4), the seller shall forthwith compensate all payments received from the buyer."

This is where the common misconception comes from.

Did you purchase the tablet from the Jolla's website? In that case indeed, you are entitled to a refund. I suppose there may have been a handful of devices sold that way.

If you "ordered" one from Indygogo, then you did not purchase anything. You backed a fundraising campaign with no guarantee of a product delivery or refund in case of a failed delivery, at least as far as the law is concerned. That applies to any fundraising campaign, Jolla's is no exception.

Which brings me neatly back to my previous post :D

Dave999 2017-10-16 10:16

how about take a stand on the stage, live sent to the world that “I guarantee you will get it”. What does the law say about that?

tortoisedoc 2017-10-16 13:08

Im waiting too; also, unfortunately, I decided to use some of the refund for the Sailfish X purchase (which I have not completed yet), only to find out I cant combine the Sailfish X voucher from my tablet refund with my community developer discount. :| That's a real bummer. So I wonder how I can revert my SFX voucher.

atlochowski 2017-10-16 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by tortoisedoc (Post 1536976)
So I wonder how I can revert my SFX voucher.

Try to write mail to James community@jolla.com and ask him.

deprecated 2017-10-16 22:13

The thing I don't get here is that people don't seem to understand the inherent risk of crowdfunding. You're giving them that money and, while they have some obligation to do what they've said with the money, it doesn't constitute a purchase or a binding contract to deliver you a functional device. Crowdfunded projects get scrapped and people get burned all the time, it's part of the associated risk. That said, Jolla is at least attempting to make good on it. That exceeds their obligation.

ste-phan 2017-11-07 12:45

Can't go anywhere on a Jolla forum without stumbling over refund related questions, so I figure it is important enough to make my first post about this great event:
-=Yes I have finally received the 2nd part as I type (from Jolla Asia).=-

Thanks Jolla, this means a week of food in these parts! :)

Dave999 2017-11-07 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ste-phan (Post 1538259)
Can't go anywhere on a Jolla forum without stumbling over refund related questions, so I figure it is important enough to make my first post about this great event:
-=Yes I have finally received the 2nd part as I type (from Jolla Asia).=-

Thanks Jolla, this means a week of food in these parts! :)

Fear not! It’s never too late for the first refund post.

Congrats, mate.

borghal 2017-11-08 12:54

FWIW, I just got my second half of refund. Fair play to Jolla for refunding even though the process was flawed! Now, what to spend the money on? 😃

Dave999 2017-11-08 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by borghal (Post 1538301)
FWIW, I just got my second half of refund. Fair play to Jolla for refunding even though the process was flawed! Now, what to spend the money on? 😃

A beer?

https://blog.jolla.com/second_phase_refund/