maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Announce] Erminig-NG: two-way synchronization Google Calendar <-> Fremantle Calendar (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=40408)

lorelei 2010-02-02 11:52

Re: [Announce] Erminig-NG: two-way synchronization Google Calendar <-> Fremantle Calendar

dreixel: point taken for the one-way sync. That's a good idea.

For the bug you encountered: yes it is ignoring recurring events, and I just checked the code: the recurring event detection is done before ever manipulating the date, so the problem is not there.

In fact after re-reading the stack trace you posted above, the problem is located in the data feed we get from Google: for some reason the published date of the event is outside the allowed bounds of the time module of Python.

If you are willing to perform a little modification of the code and post here the result it would be great.
Essentially, edit the file ermini-ng and insert before line 302 (i.e. before the line that reads "cdate = iso8601ToTimestamp(e.published.text)" the following code snippet (respecting the proper indentation):

Code:

print e.published.text
the re-run erminig-ng and post back the result.

If you don't want to do that, no problem :)

thanks

lorelei 2010-02-02 11:55

Re: [Announce] Erminig-NG: two-way synchronization Google Calendar <-> Fremantle Calendar

Hi Domenech,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domenech (Post 506652)
I've tried your software and I receive the next error:

Code:

File "erminig-ng", line 43, in <module>
  import cwrapper
File "/home/user/MyDocs/erminig-ng/erminig-ng-0.1.1/cwrapper.py", line 13, in module>
  lib = cd11.LoadLibrary(erminig_conf.libpath + "/libcalccess.so")
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/ctypes/__init__.py", line 431, in LoadLibrary
      return self._dlltype(name)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/ctypes/__init__.py", line 348, in __init__
      self.handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
ODError: /home/user/MyDocs/erminig-ng/erminig-ng-0.1.1/libcalaccess.so: failed to map segment form shared object: Operation not permitted

yes, this this the same issue dreixel reported: you have to move the erminig-ng-0.1.1 directory outside of the MyDocs directory (/home/user is a good location for the moment), change the erminig_conf.py file to reflect the new location of the root erminig directory and re-run erminig.

This is caused by the noexec attribute of the MyDocs mount point.

(see http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=95)

dreixel 2010-02-02 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorelei (Post 506657)
Code:

print e.published.text

Eh, it's some event with a date in 1900. This must clearly be a mistake in my calendar, but anyway erminig-ng should be able to handle this. Worse even, I can't really find the event on Google Calendar. I first tried to display the event title, so I would know which one it was, then I found it but the date was ok. In any case I removed it, but now erminig-ng still finds it and still crashes...

lorelei 2010-02-02 15:33

dreixel: well in fact it's not the date of the event itself, it's the creation/publication date of the event that is problematic.

In any case, you are right that erminig should catch those cases and manage them properly. There's clearly a bug there.

dreixel 2010-02-02 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorelei (Post 507019)
dreixel: well in fact it's not the date of the event itself, it's the creation/publication date of the event that is problematic.

Ok, then I understand. This event was not created by me, it was automatically generated from a travel planner...

petibub 2010-02-02 20:46

Hi Lorelei,

thanks for the v0.1.1. I had some time to test it and hey, both thumbs up :)

The calendars are created on google as they should be - even the names are correct now. The events are (almost) correctly synchronized, the recurring events are ignored. "Almost" because: the end date of the events is wrong: the new events on Google are one day shorter than the original events in N900. I checked the time zone and it does not matter - the bug exists even for whole-day events.

Anyway, great job. And I like the new hildon.Note() thing - gives a little more feeling like GUI :D

What about the roadmap for recurring events? Having that I could start using Erminig-NG on a regular basis with my real calendar, which would be really coo :rolleyes:

lorelei 2010-02-02 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by petibub (Post 507464)
The calendars are created on google as they should be - even the names are correct now. The events are (almost) correctly synchronized, the recurring events are ignored. "Almost" because: the end date of the events is wrong: the new events on Google are one day shorter than the original events in N900. I checked the time zone and it does not matter - the bug exists even for whole-day events.

that's interesting. I just tried and I don't seem to be able to trigger such a bug. Would you mind posting a step by step procedure so that I can reproduce it? If you could also post your timezone information that would be great...

Quote:

What about the roadmap for recurring events? Having that I could start using Erminig-NG on a regular basis with my real calendar, which would be really coo :rolleyes:
In an ideal world: by the end of next week recurring events should be implemented. This will take that long because I'm also trying to go forward with the GUI. In fact I'm doing both in parallel (there's no tight integration between the GUI and the core sync procedures), depending on my mood of the day :) (and today it's a GUI day...)

but again don't quote me on that estimation: I'm notoriously bad at this game...

zaheerm 2010-02-03 08:10

I'm using 0.1.1 and all works great and as expected. Thanks!

Palleman 2010-02-03 11:39

Still using old version, but I believe the below isn't changed in the later release (correct me if my assumption is a mother). Until now, the thingy has been doing what it's supposed to do.
Code:

~ $ cd erminig-ng-0.1.0/
~/erminig-ng-0.1.0 $ python2.5 erminig-ng
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "erminig-ng", line 526, in <module>
    syncNewEvents()
  File "erminig-ng", line 505, in syncNewEvents
    getNewEventsFromGoogle(lastSync)
  File "erminig-ng", line 291, in getNewEventsFromGoogle
    feed = gd_client.CalendarQuery(query)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gdata/calendar/service.py", line 126, in CalendarQuery
    converter=gdata.calendar.CalendarEventFeedFromString)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gdata/calendar/service.py", line 118, in Query
    result = self.Get(uri, converter=converter)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gdata/service.py", line 1050, in Get
    'reason': server_response.reason, 'body': result_body}
gdata.service.RequestError: {'status': 400, 'body': 'Invalid updated-min', 'reason': 'Bad Request'}

If you want the URL called or something, please inform me of what variables to print where.

/P

lorelei 2010-02-03 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palleman (Post 508369)
Still using old version, but I believe the below isn't changed in the later release (correct me if my assumption is a mother). Until now, the thingy has been doing what it's supposed to do.
Code:

~ $ cd erminig-ng-0.1.0/
~/erminig-ng-0.1.0 $ python2.5 erminig-ng
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "erminig-ng", line 526, in <module>
    syncNewEvents()
  File "erminig-ng", line 505, in syncNewEvents
    getNewEventsFromGoogle(lastSync)
  File "erminig-ng", line 291, in getNewEventsFromGoogle
    feed = gd_client.CalendarQuery(query)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gdata/calendar/service.py", line 126, in CalendarQuery
    converter=gdata.calendar.CalendarEventFeedFromString)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gdata/calendar/service.py", line 118, in Query
    result = self.Get(uri, converter=converter)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gdata/service.py", line 1050, in Get
    'reason': server_response.reason, 'body': result_body}
gdata.service.RequestError: {'status': 400, 'body': 'Invalid updated-min', 'reason': 'Bad Request'}

If you want the URL called or something, please inform me of what variables to print where.

/P

Your assumption that this part of the code has not been changed is indeed correct.

To debug this:

- If the problem is the one I'm thinking about, the problem is now persistent for you, right? (i.e. at every invocation of Erminig you get the same message?)

- could you please follow the following steps and post here the result:

- from the terminal, run
Code:

sqlite3 ~/.erminig.db
at the sqlite prompt:
Code:

select * from config;
and post here the result. I'm guessing that for a yet unknown reason the "last-updated-timestamp" has an odd value, which is out of bound for Google