maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N9 / N950 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Can't view emails as HTML using Mail For Exchange?! (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80896)

godofwar424 2011-12-15 21:59

Can't view emails as HTML using Mail For Exchange?!

Is there a reason the N9 client is so god damn basic! I know the whole simple is nice stuff, which works for the simplicity of the Swipe UI,

But this email client is rubbish, having to view emails in the browser because the email client in unable to correctly display images??

Come on this is like 2 or 3 year old software! Please someone shed light on why the N9 cant display an email properly :(

EDIT: Have found out that this lack of features only occurs when using a Mail For Exchange account :(

abyzthomas 2011-12-15 22:15

Re: Email Client

I am not sure what he is talking about.

I would say there is always room for improvement, but N9 email displays HTML email pretty damn good.

I get many emails well formatted with images and links and all kinds of stuff and always look very sharp.

I am not sure about the intention of this guy. :confused:

original_z 2011-12-15 22:26

If the emails are not too personal, could both of you show what you are talking about? If it turns out you're looking at the same thing (more or less) but have very different opinions then it would be a 'feature' rather than a problem =p

godofwar424 2011-12-15 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by abyzthomas (Post 1138027)
I am not sure what he is talking about.

I would say there is always room for improvement, but N9 email displays HTML email pretty damn good.

I get many emails well formatted with images and links and all kinds of stuff and always look very sharp.

I am not sure about the intention of this guy. :confused:

No bad intentions, just curious :P

Lemme get a screenshot and post it to explain :)

godofwar424 2011-12-15 22:31

2 Attachment(s)
Here is what the emails should look like :)

godofwar424 2011-12-15 22:32

2 Attachment(s)
But this is what I get on my N9 :(

ribbons 2011-12-15 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by godofwar424 (Post 1138034)
But this is what I get on my N9 :(

Hi. Go to Settings->Applications->Mail->Show HTML messages as and select the HTML option so it is highlighted in blue. That should solve your problem.

godofwar424 2011-12-15 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ribbons (Post 1138036)
Hi. Go to Settings->Applications->Mail->Show HTML messages as and select the HTML option so it is highlighted in blue. That should solve your problem.

I have already done this :(

It seems that if I add a Gmail account i can view the HTML emails, but not through Mail For Exchange :/ Thats flipping useless..

godofwar424 2011-12-15 22:49

Well seems I have to setup my non business email accounts without using mail for exchange as that doesnt allow HTML viewing on the N9's email client :(

I shall change my rant to why didnt they allow full HTML browsing when using Mail For Exchange?!

damnshock 2011-12-15 22:50

I guess you forgot to remove your name from those images :S