maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Brainstorm (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   [sandbox] Ability to tweak Touch Screen Vibration feedback. (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39320)

HRZ 2010-01-10 14:37

Re: Ability to tweak Touch Screen Vibration feedback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vyper1 (Post 462382)
Thanks Jakiman I entered your settings and it's a much nicer feedback when you touch the screen. It would be good though if we did get the ability for presets from settings menu sometime in the future.

I wonder if this takes a toll on battery life. i still havent followed jakiman's procedure because my battery life isn't up to par yet. well it is if im on 2G all day soooo...maybe.

vyper1 2010-01-10 16:03

HRZ it's very well possible that this could have an impact on battery life but I'm that unimpressed with the how long it lasts anyway. I get about 8hrs out of a full charge that's with light/moderate use whilst at work. That was before I implemented Jakimans tweak. I'll get back to you if I suffer a negative impact but like I stated I'm already unimpressed so at the worse I'll have to have a charge midday.

raverpol 2010-02-11 01:09

Re: [sandbox] Ability to tweak Touch Screen Vibration feedback.

i like it very much now :)

kolomboyahia 2010-05-05 05:04

hello guys

i have followed all the steps and am facing one problem which when i type leafpad /etc/mce/mce.ini in the xterminal it type back file not found

can any body help me on that

jakiman 2010-05-05 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by kolomboyahia (Post 643909)
hello guys

i have followed all the steps and am facing one problem which when i type leafpad /etc/mce/mce.ini in the xterminal it type back file not found

can any body help me on that

are you root? type "root" from xterminal and hit enter. Then try again.
(You will need 'rootsh' installed from application manager)

kolomboyahia 2010-05-16 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakiman (Post 644224)
are you root? type "root" from xterminal and hit enter. Then try again.
(You will need 'rootsh' installed from application manager)

Thanks man

but stiil saying the same msg fill not found , and i tried to uninstall the "roosh" s/w the mobile couldn't unistall

LagunaCid 2011-01-25 05:29

Sorry for ressurecting this, but this was the thread with the closest relevance to my problem...
So what's happening is that my touchscreen vibration isnt happening at all. But I DO get vibration from calls, messages, etc. It just doesn't work with touchscreen. It has happened ever since I got this phone ( I bought it used ). I fooled around with the settings posted in this thread, and it hasn't helped at all. I am at a loss. Anyone experienced this problem before?

Dark_Angel85 2011-01-25 05:40

does it affect other form of vibrations or just the touchscreen feedback? how about ringing alerts?

LagunaCid 2011-01-25 06:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Angel85 (Post 927906)
does it affect other form of vibrations or just the touchscreen feedback? how about ringing alerts?

As I've said, it only affects the touchscreen kind of feedback.
What I've noticed when changing it to something really obvious (aka as strong as a call vibration), is that it happens still, but only happens randomly. Usually when the screen has been off for a few minutes.

porselinaheart 2011-01-25 06:37

thumbs up for this simple mod, :D the new touchscreen vibe is excellent. Any feedback though from those that tried it about batt life?? is it better or worse?