maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Why is my tablet screen flashing or blinking? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=19125)

grog 2008-04-14 21:25

Why is my tablet screen flashing or blinking?

I just got my N800 tablet last week (second hand). I've installed a bunch of apps on it, but no changes in the last 1/2 day or so that I remember. But this afternoon my screen starts flashing or blinking every 5 seconds. It's not a biggie to reflash & start over, but (hopefully not) is this an indication of a hardware problem? tx

GeraldKo 2008-04-14 22:04

Re: Why is my tablet screen flashing or blinking?

Same thing happened to my gf's about a week after buying it new. I put an SD card in the internal slot and the blinking stopped.

mikedmann 2008-04-14 23:28

Same problem back in the day, zounds like your shite is fooked up try re flashing and take note what you install.. Python screwed me up after i re flashed, did it again and it worked perfectly, plus never buy a hand held used your just asking to be screwed.. Bought a 770 used that was all messed up and guy didn't think id travel back for a refund.. he learned the hard way.

polossatik 2008-04-14 23:47

I had it sometimes, after a reboot it went always away.
Removed some unused software (also some python stuff) and after that I never saw it again. Due the random occurrence I can't say what exactly provoked it but it looks like some kind of software mixup that's causing the problem.
If you got it recently I would say reflash for a clean start.

grog 2008-04-15 00:13

I had flashed it as soon as I got it & it's been rebooted several times recently, so it must've been something I did. Just got me worried. I'll start over. Thanks all.

rnfuller 2008-04-20 22:23

I have had this happen twice in the last month.

As far as I can tell, it happened when I changed the setting that tells the screen to stay on while the unit is charging. I would pick it up the next morning and it would be flashing like you described. I turn it off and on and then everything is fine. I turned off the option to have the screen always on while charging and it did not re-occur, until I changed the setting back to having the screen on while charging again.

grog 2008-04-21 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnfuller (Post 172379)
I have had this happen twice in the last month.

As far as I can tell, it happened when I changed the setting that tells the screen to stay on while the unit is charging. I would pick it up the next morning and it would be flashing like you described. I turn it off and on and then everything is fine. I turned off the option to have the screen always on while charging and it did not re-occur, until I changed the setting back to having the screen on while charging again.

Since I've reflashed I haven't had the problem again. I regularly change my screen settings back & forth because I like it to stay on when I'm at my desk but would prefer it to go off overnight. No problems yet (crossed fingers)