maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Jolla1 & TOH (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Will you buy the Jolla phone? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90164)

NokiaFanatic 2013-05-20 23:14

Will you buy the Jolla phone?

Thought it might be fun to have a poll on this :)

NokiaFanatic 2013-05-20 23:17

Re: Will you buy the Jolla phone?

For the record, I will be buying it, my €100 pre-order has been placed already :cool:

LouisDK 2013-05-20 23:24

I'll wait and see if a keyboard case will be available.

marxian 2013-05-20 23:27

I will buy it when it arrives, unless there are reports of significant manufacturing defects from the fanb, err.. I mean pre-order guys. ;)

tonyhuynh 2013-05-20 23:51

I belive in its future...

szopin 2013-05-21 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by marxian (Post 1345444)
I will buy it when it arrives, unless there are reports of significant manufacturing defects from the fanb, err.. I mean pre-order guys. ;)

Yeah, this is a bit worrying, no Nokia quality to expect (I've been using second hand N900 mostly for the last 1.5 years which puts it in 2.5 years category, still fully functional, only issue is a bit scratched screen, my original one 'almost new' should get me 2 more years of usage, no scratch on it so far). Problem with this approach is: if you cannot click a button for 0$ informing them of your interest, only being interested after they arrive... they might never arrive. Your interest might go unnoticed. Didn't notice any mention that by clicking preorder for 0$ you are obliged to pay them the 400 euros later. (never clicked this option, so not sure, maybe they expect a signature in blood, in that case I'm sorry)

handaxe 2013-05-21 00:14

I dream that both the Canonical and Jolla could succeed in the phone/tablet space - variety is the spice of life and technology!

marxian 2013-05-21 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by szopin (Post 1345451)
Yeah, this is a bit worrying, no Nokia quality to expect (I've been using second hand N900 mostly for the last 1.5 years which puts it in 2.5 years category, still fully functional, only issue is a bit scratched screen, my original one 'almost new' should get me 2 more years of usage, no scratch on it so far). Problem with this approach is: if you cannot click a button for 0$ informing them of your interest, only being interested after they arrive... they might never arrive. Your interest might go unnoticed. Didn't notice any mention that by clicking preorder for 0$ you are obliged to pay them the 400 euros later. (never clicked this option, so not sure, maybe they expect a signature in blood, in that case I'm sorry)

I clicked that button. :) I'm happy to register my interest, but not to part with money until I at least get more solid information on shipment dates and device specifications. There are still a lot of things that can go wrong, and I can't justify betting 100 euros on them shipping a device. If they are relying on advanced pre-order funds in order to produce and ship the devices (and I doubt they are), then for me that is another reason not to give it to them. I'm nowhere near rich enough to be able to treat relatively wealthy people like a charity case.

We know these guys are talented engineers, but we don't know about their grasp of the more mundane stuff, like manufacturing and logistics. At this stage, I'd rather wait and see.

szopin 2013-05-21 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by marxian (Post 1345459)
I clicked that button. :) I'm happy to register my interest

the fanb, err.. I mean pre-order guys.

ONE OF US, ONE OF US!!!

marxian 2013-05-21 00:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by szopin (Post 1345461)
the fanb, err.. I mean pre-order guys.

ONE OF US, ONE OF US!!!

Yeah, but I'm at the back of the queue. I get one from the second batch, after they've fixed the loose USB port. :p