maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   I cry reading this story about....... (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83506)

Lumiaman 2012-04-08 02:24

I cry reading this story about.......

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_16036/cont...tguid=5o9DDa0c

i always feel sorry for the working people. No golden paraschutes, no where to move.

ibrakalifa 2012-04-08 03:15

Re: I cry reading this story about.......

thats whats nokia get from m$ dude, down down down

Estel 2012-04-08 03:16

Nevertheless, "N900": category isn't good place for this. Move topic to "General" forum...

Hurrian 2012-04-08 04:19

Slashing costs? Moving most production to China?
WTF, Nokia? Quality is the only reason I still recommend your phones to family and friends.

Whelp, another move that pushes me toward the next premium device manufacturer - Samsung - I have a Tab 8.9, while almost made completely out of plastic, is ridiculously thin and doesn't flex while being held.
The same build quality goes for the SGS2 and GNote. (The same can't be said for the cheaper ones however, the Galaxy Y is rather... squishy.)

Zoxir 2012-04-08 04:25

LOL why would you recommend Nokia phones to people? What have they done to you? I stopped recommending Nokia a year ago.

As far as the story I feel really bad about the workers but I really enjoy stories about Nokia biting the dust. It would be awesome if like Samsung opened some factory there and hire those people just to troll Elop.

youmeego 2012-04-08 04:50

I cant wait to see nokia dissappear from this planet! meltimi phone does not have swipe to return homescreen! symbian meego are dead, wp7 wastes too much money on advertising in time square! but today technology headline news is all about iphone and ipad

HanzBlix 2012-04-08 05:03

I'm not defending Elop by any means, I would kick him square in the balls repeatedly until he choked blood if I got my hands on him, he sold Nokia's soul to Microsoft after all. But if you think Samsung or any other large device manufacturer have no production in China, well you're kidding yourself.
To imply that devices can't be of good quality because they were made in China is just generalisation, not all factories nor employers are equal, generalisation is the type of flawed logic that helps ignorant people continue atrocities like racism to this day.

Arie 2012-04-08 05:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by HanzBlix (Post 1189571)
I'm not defending Elop by any means, I would kick him square in the balls repeatedly until he choked blood if I got my hands on him, he sold Nokia's soul to Microsoft after all. But if you think Samsung or any other large device manufacturer have no production in China, well you're kidding yourself.
To imply that devices can't be of good quality because they were made in China is just generalisation, not all factories nor employers are equal, generalisation is the type of flawed logic that helps ignorant people continue atrocities like racism to this day.

No! For the last time, it was the board of directors and elop that sold Nokia to MS.

immi.shk 2012-04-08 06:45

instead of doing partnership with MS, nokia should have done partnership with Google...
since google till now doesn't have a faithful partner... a Nexus by HTC a Nexus by Samsung a Nexus by Asus...

@Google - HOW ABOUT A G'PHONE BY NOKIA

HtheB 2012-04-08 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by immi.shk (Post 1189585)
instead of doing partnership with MS, nokia should have done partnership with Google...
since google till now doesn't have a faithful partner... a Nexus by HTC a Nexus by Samsung a Nexus by Asus...

@Google - HOW ABOUT A G'PHONE BY NOKIA

They don't need to... Google recently bought Motorola (mobile division).

Btw, to the OP: very ironic topic while I read your username...