maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Camera phone competition April 2015:"Hobbies" (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94801)

Half-Life_4_Life 2015-04-02 15:19

Camera phone competition April 2015:"Hobbies"

April has come and that means spring's here along with better weather. That means you could do a lot of activities that you couldn't do while you were almost trapped in your house while it was snowing.
Here's what eekkelund has got in store for us - hobbies:
"Hmm.. I was thinking that "hobbies" would be cool theme, cause almost all has a hobby and that means more participants and pictures in competition!(Also it is nice to see to what people are into..)"

The rules:
Photos must be taken during this month
Photos must be taken by the posting member
Photos must be taken with a camera phone
Users post only one photo per entry
Users can change the entry only once
Users must name the phone they used
(so I could include it for voting and such)
Last three days of this month are for voting

So at least tell us what are your hobbies? I love music and I'm beginning to practise DJing (I just got a pair of turntables, still saving for a mixer and needles, I also really love vinyl) and I like photography and film.
This month is going to be very unique and interesting, can't wait to participate! :)

m4r0v3r 2015-04-02 22:04

Re: Camera phone competition April 2015:"Hobbies"

First time participating

http://i.imgur.com/DSahJ2e.jpg

A little bit of background, me and 4 other house mates bought this table at the beginning of our year and I was the last man to leave the house and there was nothing left but a cold table. We did have a lotta good times on the table.

Using the one and only Jolla.

Edit: Ahhh this photo wasnt taking during this month, if anything this was taken several months ago, but it was a poignant photo, ill change it to something more appropriate soon

pichlo 2015-04-03 07:28

Very nice. Out of interest, why is that pool table squashed? Years of exposure to the elements or Jolla camera lens distortion?

Half-Life_4_Life 2015-04-03 07:29

Not a bad hobby. People do need to be outside nowadays..

m4r0v3r 2015-04-03 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1465659)
Very nice. Out of interest, why is that pool table squashed? Years of exposure to the elements or Jolla camera lens distortion?

a month or two in the rain, we usually brought it back inside, but on a beautiful hot day while all at work it decided to rain :( not bad considering the table was only £40

Half-Life_4_Life 2015-04-19 08:49

No one has his or her hobbies? I tried and shot a few photos but they don't look good and I don't have all the equipment for my hobbies yet but I'll try and come up with something soon. Don't let us compete with only two photos.

ndhikaa 2015-04-19 09:03

1 Attachment(s)
i like taking photos of animals :D

shot with N900

Half-Life_4_Life 2015-04-19 09:59

Don't be afraid to get closer to animals then. :)
BTW the photo is in the wrong orientation.

ndhikaa 2015-04-19 10:23

i'm sorry, here i can't rotate the picture properly because i already did rotate and saved with images application :D

saponga 2015-04-19 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndhikaa (Post 1467730)
i'm sorry, here i can't rotate the picture properly because i already did rotate and saved with images application :D

You need rotate the picture with a software that doesn't use just a"flag" to do it, as TMO seems to ignore that rotation flag. As pichlo said in february competition's thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pichlo (Post 1460162)
@saponga, what I meant was... your phone takes the picture in a (for example) 2576x1936 resolution and flags it as "rotated". Some picture viewers honour that flag, others don't. If you rotate the picture in e.g. Windows Photo Viewer, the original resolution gets transposed to 1936x2576, no rotation flag.