maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Gtalk issues on Nokia N9 - Cannot make outgoing video call (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85235)

markai 2013-03-10 16:39

Re: Gtalk issues on Nokia N9 - Cannot make outgoing video call

@bp0, page 7 of this topic, post 70. You need to uninstall gstreamer. Worked for me!

dpkg -P gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg

Hambert 2013-03-18 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by markai (Post 1328158)
@bp0, page 7 of this topic, post 70. You need to uninstall gstreamer. Worked for me!

That didn't worked for me. With this package installed audio and video works but income video from the Gmail plugin does not. Uninstalling this package reverts all the behaviours to the same as before installing them; Gmail plugin gives an error when a call is received from the n9 but call can be made from the plugin to the phone :(

(Same problem as @bp0)

bp0 2013-03-24 16:20

Same here - sadly the .deb install/uninstall fix doesn't work for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hambert (Post 1329918)
That didn't worked for me. With this package installed audio and video works but income video from the Gmail plugin does not. Uninstalling this package reverts all the behaviours to the same as before installing them; Gmail plugin gives an error when a call is received from the n9 but call can be made from the plugin to the phone :(

(Same problem as @bp0)

knobtviker 2013-03-25 22:46

I did some tests.
I actually think that Google changed this behavior after integrating video Hangouts and code endpoint and port remained on the old version before Hangout integration on G+.

Incoming video calls work perfect for me from PC (but not from Android) to my N9. Outgoing from N9 to anything don't work at all.
Voice calls don't work at all too.

I really believe that these are mere wrong URIs and ports but the real question is if it's built in the app binary or stored somewhere in Telepathy or even GConf...

Ideas?

hood 2013-03-26 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by markai (Post 1328158)

It's not worked for me :mad:

hood 2013-03-27 12:43

I post comment and question about this issue in developers of this plugin blog but after a couple of day his removed my post with no explanation. How degrading it! Does anyone have an Pavan Krishnamurthy's e-mail or twitter or any other contacts to ask him for what's going on with his VOIPs? Nokias e-mail of course is dead. I found his G+ profile but I don't use socials networks at all. I just need to work his plugin and nothing more.

Flynx 2013-03-27 21:29

GTalk calls (video or otherwise) quit working on my N900. Per this thread... I installed libmp3lame0 and at least the audio calls appear to be working again.

I don't see any option to initiate video once inside an audio call. I've heard that the option is "hidden". It must be very well hidden!

hood 2013-03-27 22:34

Flynx tread is about N9 and Video calls wich not working in certain cases. I don't have second harmattan device to check Meego-2-Meego video call but in my case nor PC-2-Meego nor Android-2-Meego and vice versa isnt' working. But some time ago it was works. Was... I saw on Nokia Store responds about not working functionality too.

Flynx 2013-03-27 23:40

hood - your right... the thread was about out-going google video calls. But the story is the same.

Outgoing google video calls were NOT working on my N900. Then I installed libmp3lame0 and now outgoing google video calls work. Perhaps if an N9 user is having trouble, this could give them more information to track down the problem. Or if an N900 user stumbles on this thread... it could help them out.

floringeo 2013-03-31 14:26

I tried the solutions proposed here, but no results, no videocall button.
But if I connect my gmail account on PC, then I can make videocall from my gmail account (video chat) to my phone ! I also can make videocall from my phone to PC (gmail account). Audio is good, but the problem is that I don't have video on my phone from PC ( I have video on PC from my phone)!