maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Maemo Summit 2009 merchandise and design... (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=30647)

Texrat 2009-08-05 16:35

Re: Maemo Summit 2009 merchandise and design...

I have a cafepress shop... if need be, maybe I can get test merchandise made using it? Just let me know.

timsamoff 2009-08-05 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texrat (Post 309108)
I have a cafepress shop... if need be, maybe I can get test merchandise made using it? Just let me know.

Thanks. Me too.

When I get a little more time (doctor and dentist appts today!)... ;)

Tim

Master of Gizmo 2009-08-06 11:38

Please let me promote my idea for a geocoin. You can see plenty of examples at Geocoinshop.de.

Imho this is the perfect add-on to a tshirt. Of course the shirt is a must and its something everybody has a use for. But it's nothing "special". Nor is a cap nor a usb stick nor a bag nor a mug special. But a geocoin is something you pretty likley haven't gotten before.

If you are not into geocaching then a geocoin is basically a nice medal with a maemo/summit logo and a unique id. If you are into geocaching you already know what a geocoin is good for.

Also if anybody is willing to make a nice design for the summit i'd be thankful. Currently i am thinking about one with the maemo.org logo (in while/orange) on a medal made of dark grey metal. But that's of course missing the amsterdam/summit relationship. So a better design is sure needed.

timsamoff 2009-08-06 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master of Gizmo (Post 309292)
Please let me promote my idea for a geocoin. You can see plenty of examples at Geocoinshop.de.

Imho this is the perfect add-on to a tshirt. Of course the shirt is a must and its something everybody has a use for. But it's nothing "special". Nor is a cap nor a usb stick nor a bag nor a mug special. But a geocoin is something you pretty likley haven't gotten before.

If you are not into geocaching then a geocoin is basically a nice medal with a maemo/summit logo and a unique id. If you are into geocaching you already know what a geocoin is good for.

Also if anybody is willing to make a nice design for the summit i'd be thankful. Currently i am thinking about one with the maemo.org logo (in while/orange) on a medal made of dark grey metal. But that's of course missing the amsterdam/summit relationship. So a better design is sure needed.

That's a cool, gimmicky item to give out at events, but I'm not sure it's worth the cost. We have a limited budget, so we need to focus on coming up with something everyone would want -- and use.

Of course, if there's an overwhelming response for something like this, it can always be reconsidered!

Thanks,
Tim

timsamoff 2009-08-06 16:17

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a few color comps. Keep in mind that the fewer printed colors the better (let's try to keep it to one or two -- making gradients out of the question). These samples aren't meant to be design ideas, but just a way to see a few possible color combinations.

Tim

timsamoff 2009-08-06 16:42

1 Attachment(s)
Version 1 of a Maemo Summit logo based on the Amsterdam flag.

Tim

timsamoff 2009-08-06 17:13

2 Attachment(s)
Here are two more variations on the flag: one-color on light gray or orange.

Tim

sjgadsby 2009-08-06 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by timsamoff (Post 309378)
Here are two more variations on the flag: one-color on light gray or orange.

Okay, I'd like that one poster sized on nice stock. Once I have my wife frame it, it's going on my wall.

EDIT: They're replicating! Now I need to choose a color. Hmm.

timsamoff 2009-08-06 17:25

2 Attachment(s)
And, there's more! A direct rip off of the flag (red shirt, one- and -two-color).

Tim

timsamoff 2009-08-06 17:31

1 Attachment(s)
Last one for now... We are all people, aren't we? ;)

Tim