maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Games (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Angry Birds Level Editor / Game Editor / Object Builder (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73423)

cmasta 2011-05-25 08:27

Angry Birds Level Editor / Game Editor / Object Builder

Well hello, basically in short i am attempting to rebuild the level editor for angry birds in .net also i am fooling with the assembled lua files to produces some pretty cool things. So far i have come across the ability to allow new objects to be added to the game. i know i know as if making our own levels wasn't good enough you now may have the possibility to add a totally new object with is own image and properties.

Cmasta's Angry birds Projects;

1.) Slow motion tile (A new tile for your custom level that slows down time when the bird fly's across it.) 75% done working slow motion however it currently replaces a hat object, is not invisible and doesn't stay in place(must be joined to a balloon or static object)

thanks for showing interest in my mods and i will be posting updates here frequently. Also if anyone feels like they want to test my mods before there released then let me know otherwise i would like to make them complete before uploading. thank you.

Kevstacey 2011-05-25 12:11

Re: Angry Birds Level Editor / Game Editor / Object Builder

it would be nice to see an 'easy to use' editor for n900 in extras where you can open .lua's on screen on n900 and choose items to place wherever you feel.

is that the sort of thing this is without having to code levels?

forcer 2011-05-28 08:03

as I'm original author of first community level editor, I guess I can help with things, drop me a message if interested.

mykok 2011-06-02 03:01

Hi can you explain how i can add new objects to it like the ones from angry birds seasons or angry birds rio?

Radicalz38 2011-06-02 03:37

Hi! Anybody would be willing to share their codes? I really would like to port the level editor to QT but I have no idea on how you all do it using lua files. But I could port it at least.

mykok 2011-06-03 01:26

cmasta can i test the mod to see how it is?

m0001 2011-11-05 00:22

I'm wanting to make a custom level for a specific project, of lampooning something and I can't get past this:
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8...ditexample.png

The graphics are stored as 24 bit PNG with transparency, as you can see in the Photoshop window, I brushed color on to the wood triangle. The level that has the wood triangles has extra area of non-opaqueness that is the max X/Y area of any added pixels. Yet the saved graphic has no such layer. I specifically used the brush in this example and only touched exactly those areas , no paste in, no erasures, etc.

I've read that some of the portable device versions use PVR graphics, which may or may not be PNG prior to compression. But since these files are PNG ftypes and plainly visible in Finder using Quicklook and Preview, I figured they were straight up graphics.

There is a dat file with every graphic that probably has something to do with this, and contains text data when viewed with TextEdit, of which a sample of the data referencing the wood triangle is here:
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/738...datexample.png
I could NOT enter that text successfully as a CODE or a QUOTE, the editor would truncate it no matter what, so I put it as a graphic)

I figure that the DAT file is the X,Y coordinates in the PNG graphic file, but .. there isn't much in there, so I can't imagine it being color data.

I edited with Photoshop, used "Save for Web" as PNG 24.

Any clues?

samirabaza 2013-02-26 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmasta (Post 1014938)
Well hello, basically in short i am attempting to rebuild the level editor for angry birds in .net also i am fooling with the assembled lua files to produces some pretty cool things. So far i have come across the ability to allow new objects to be added to the game. i know i know as if making our own levels wasn't good enough you now may have the possibility to add a totally new object with is own image and properties.

Cmasta's Angry birds Projects;

1.) Slow motion tile (A new tile for your custom level that slows down time when the bird fly's across it.) 75% done working slow motion however it currently replaces a hat object, is not invisible and doesn't stay in place(must be joined to a balloon or static object)

thanks for showing interest in my mods and i will be posting updates here frequently. Also if anyone feels like they want to test my mods before there released then let me know otherwise i would like to make them complete before uploading. thank you.

is there any news about that game editor or the object builder?