maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Google Calendar Integration Rocks (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34667)

froghunter 2009-11-18 01:40

Google Calendar Integration Rocks

This isn't a problem thread and hopefully that doesn't annoy anyone.

I had tried to get the GPE-Calendar and erminig setup going a few months ago and ran into problems. Today, I installed GPE-Calendar 2.8+maemo+svn20081212-3 and erminig 3.0.3-3 and it took about two seconds for two-way syncing to work.

I just want to thank these folks and also let anyone else know that this works like a charm on the most recent OS2008 on an N800. I now have a great reason (other than podcasts) to carry my N800 around with me. (and yes, I do feel like I have been living under a rock and not using these programs already)

uhale 2009-11-18 01:53

Re: Google Calendar Integration Rocks

Do you have any recurring events, and if so, do they show up properly? This was a problem when I used this app several months ago.

froghunter 2009-11-18 01:58

All my recurring events from google synced properly. Maybe the 10/29 erminig update fixed this?

Honestly this setup is pretty freakin' cool. I have been thinking about an android phone mostly because of its integration with google, but now I can carry around my calendar no prob and sync too.

uhale 2009-11-18 02:12

I'll give it another shot. Any install tips?

I just installed Macuco, and highhly recommend it. It's nothing fancy, but is a really nice app to access google's web apps from a dedicated web browser. I also just discovered a nice web app for accessing google maps and directions http://www.tomch.com/maemaps.html (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...hlight=maemaps).

froghunter 2009-11-18 02:15

I would just install the GPE suite apps like normal (I suggest the file manager too, doubt this essential though). When I tried before (months ago) I ran into issues with dependencies, so if this happens, search around and make sure you have the right repos added. Otherwise, should work and if not, Graham Cobb will respond to emails.

Macuco does look good, except I don't normally use my N800 for directions since it doesn't have a GPS. Thanks anyways.

lorelei 2009-11-18 05:27

Hello there, I'm the current erminig maintainer!

The recurrent events (at least in some cases) are still problematic, they are one of the current issues with Erminig, along with daylight saving that shifts events one hour ahead (or behind).

Before someone asks, contact integration (with gpe-contacts) is on its way. I have a testbed almost working (no UI integration so far), and there are a few bugs here and there.

As soon as I'm back from my current work-related trip, I'll put some more time in the development. That would be a great Christmas present to have it released by then ;)

PS: if the few people that sent me emails the last few weeks are reading this: please be patient...I've not forgotten to answer you, I'm trying to find a little free time in an already overbooked schedule...

jlslate 2009-11-18 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by froghunter (Post 380150)
This isn't a problem thread and hopefully that doesn't annoy anyone.

I had tried to get the GPE-Calendar and erminig setup going a few months ago and ran into problems. Today, I installed GPE-Calendar 2.8+maemo+svn20081212-3 and erminig 3.0.3-3 and it took about two seconds for two-way syncing to work.

I just want to thank these folks and also let anyone else know that this works like a charm on the most recent OS2008 on an N800. I now have a great reason (other than podcasts) to carry my N800 around with me. (and yes, I do feel like I have been living under a rock and not using these programs already)

I'm using GPE-Calendar 2.8+maemo+svn20091109-1 and the same version of Erminig as you with very few issues. I am synching about 13 different calendars (I use a different google calendar for each category so I can have color coding).You might think about updating GPE Calendar.

Jim

jlslate 2009-11-18 19:53

Has anybody gotten Erminig to auto sync using cron? I tried it awhile ago, but was never successful.

Jim

froghunter 2009-11-18 20:13

That version isn't in my catalog and I don't see a link on the downloads page. Honestly, as they say, if ain't broke don't fix it. So I will probably stick with the current setup.

lorelei 2009-11-18 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlslate (Post 381246)
Has anybody gotten Erminig to auto sync using cron? I tried it awhile ago, but was never successful.

I had reports of users syncing with cron. I honestly don't use this feature, but I've implemented it after someone requested it, but I'm more than willing to investigate.

What command line do you use in your crontab file?