maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Using x11vnc despite blank screen/screen off? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=44105)

boudjere 2010-02-11 10:23

Using x11vnc despite blank screen/screen off?

Hello again,

I really would like using x11vnc to use my n900 sitting next to me on the desktop at my workplace without touching it :).

The problem is: Every time the screen turns blank/off, I cannot wake it up without physically touching the phone. Do I really have to set the phone to keep the screen lit all the time or is there a command line switch for x11vnc or some other way to export the screen contents to vnc despite a blank phone display?

Thanks a lot for listening :).

boudjere

Rob1n 2010-02-11 10:51

Re: Using x11vnc despite blank screen/screen off?

Quote:

Originally Posted by boudjere (Post 520892)
I really would like using x11vnc to use my n900 sitting next to me on the desktop at my workplace without touching it :).

The problem is: Every time the screen turns blank/off, I cannot wake it up without physically touching the phone. Do I really have to set the phone to keep the screen lit all the time or is there a command line switch for x11vnc or some other way to export the screen contents to vnc despite a blank phone display?

x11vnc just patches in to receive screen updates. I assume that the screen updates are completely disabled when the screen is locked (which saves power), so there's nothing for x11vnc to pick up. I think you're out of luck on this one :(.

boudjere 2010-02-11 11:02

Hej Rob1n, too bad to hear that..

Would be nice to find a workaround, though. Something to keep the phone display disabled and receive screen updates nonetheless. This would be a step between saving all the power and wasting much power on a screen I am not looking at :).

JonWW 2010-02-11 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob1n (Post 520927)
x11vnc just patches in to receive screen updates. I assume that the screen updates are completely disabled when the screen is locked (which saves power), so there's nothing for x11vnc to pick up. I think you're out of luck on this one :(.

You would think that clicking with the mouse in the vnc window would send a screen pressed event to the phone and wake it up.

legendsohai 2010-03-13 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonWW (Post 520969)
You would think that clicking with the mouse in the vnc window would send a screen pressed event to the phone and wake it up.

no, it didn't work for me. I have the same problem. Anybody can please give some guides? or links? thanks.

AndiThebest 2010-03-13 16:13

dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_tklock_mode_change string:unlocked

legendsohai 2010-03-14 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndiThebest (Post 566114)
dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_tklock_mode_change string:unlocked

what does it works actually? can you please briefly describe it?

Megaltariak 2010-03-14 14:01

Type this in a command line with ssh

legendsohai 2010-03-14 14:04

get it, thanks.

ducke83 2010-03-19 23:03

whath is ssh command please?
i have x-terminal and copie the command it don't go!