maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I received an offer for trial of N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=45012)

penguinbait 2010-02-18 18:28

I received an offer for trial of N900

I received an email from a person at Womworld/Nokia today asking me if I wanted to receive a trial of an n900.

I excitedly responded, with glee. Then the terms came in and its for 2 weeks. Although I have never held a n900 in my hand, its barely enough time to test it out, and see what I can make it do.

Just wondering what others think. Am I crazy, should I just get the thing for two weeks, its better than never holding one. At the same time, it seems like a waste of time and effort, and will just make me want one more.

andrewfblack 2010-02-18 18:41

Re: I received an offer for trial of N900

If you turn this down you might not get anymore offers

debernardis 2010-02-18 18:44

I think that having penguinbait tinker with the n900 is more an opportunity for the community than for penguinbait himself. I wouldn't be surprised if this results in a port of kde 4.something which ultimately will be adopted as the first Meego release :)

ysss 2010-02-18 18:50

Perhaps you'll arouse the interest of potential benefactors to fund your project if you use that 2-weeks of opportunity to show off what you can do on the n900? ;)

badboyuk 2010-02-18 22:16

Why you thinking about it?! Take it my man, you will never get offered that again. Who knows you will like it. You are right 2 weeks wont be enough to get into it unless you are jobless, no gf, no friends....basically a lonely git then you prob cud hammer it lol
But none the less im sure u will discover an get to knw some of the great features an enjoy it.

penguinbait 2010-02-19 02:18

No matter how hard I tried to resist, I had to accept. You can look forward to my review :D

cjp 2010-02-19 17:24

Man I'd take a N900 in for a two-week testdrive if they offered!

This even I own one of my own already *blush*

fatalsaint 2010-02-19 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinbait (Post 535780)
No matter how hard I tried to resist, I had to accept. You can look forward to my review :D

This is excellent news.

My wife would commit manslaughter if I received this offer. I would have immediately accepted... and after the two weeks would have been begging non-stop for $600 for a new phone :D..

That would be the end of FatalSaint ;).

penguinbait 2010-02-19 20:50

Should be here on Monday. At least I have this weekend to get my scratchbox up to date...

---------------
DHL WORLDWIDE EXPRESS
SHIPMENT ADVISORY

Subject:Your Nokia N900 phone is on it's way to you. Please let us know when it has arrived.

dscobsct 2010-02-19 20:58

i had an n900 on loan from womworld for two weeks. and its definately not long enoughz. but enough time to fall in love with it. which is why i bought one today actually haha