maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Community (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Do you wish maemo.org was more N900 friendly? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=49151)

fraaaaanka 2010-04-03 20:05

Do you wish maemo.org was more N900 friendly?

hi all,
im always on maemo.org on my n900 but find it hard to use sometimes .... my main gripe is when i want to view the last page of a thread i have to get my stylus out to click the tiny numbers
or
if im in the middle of a massive thread i cant even see the last page number or words last page so have to keep clicking the highest page number i can see until i get to the end of the thread.

Dave999 2010-04-03 20:08

Re: do you wish maemo.org was more N900 friendly?

yes, I do.

Can be a plan to keep the threads short. Massive threads always go Off Topic ;)

volt 2010-04-03 20:12

I don't have any problem navigating t.m.o on my N900, I never miss the number with my fingernail. But I prefer having the stylus out anyway.

The other webpage I spend any much time on, however, isn't very N900 friendly.

rmerren 2010-04-03 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by fraaaaanka (Post 594136)
hi all,
im always on maemo.org on my n900 but find it hard to use sometimes .... my main gripe is when i want to view the last page of a thread i have to get my stylus out to click the tiny numbers
or
if im in the middle of a massive thread i cant even see the last page number or words last page so have to keep clicking the highest page number i can see until i get to the end of the thread.

I agree on the limited page number list. The small numbers are annoying. but easily dealt with sans-stylus: just double-tap on the word "page" and it zooms way in so that the page numbers are really big. Then click the one you want with no problems.

injunear 2010-04-03 20:25

ha I read this and thought it might be a complaint about too many N810 related posts.

AlexDT 2010-04-03 21:14

I fully agree!

sajman 2010-04-03 21:17

yup, i have same problem. if im catching up with a large thread i have to navigate to the top to move to next page... not that bad! but this is the website im on mostly!

geneven 2010-04-03 21:45

I often want to see just the threads in Applications. So I look and they start scrolling automatically, fast enough that I can't click on a header -- I get the one before or after. I have tried to click a header three times and got the wrong one every time.

So I go to my netbook and have no problem, no unwanted scrolling.

omri 2010-04-04 03:18

i use large fonts when browsing as in many sites the text is just too small for me to read (getting old...)
That makes the problems with maemo.org even worst.

ceroberts75 2010-04-04 03:22

works fine. just zoom to the size you want to read.