maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   PR 1.2 - Can't update OTA (Not rootfs related) (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=53804)

stayloa 2010-05-26 12:21

PR 1.2 - Can't update OTA (Not rootfs related)

Hi all,

Very sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I've just uninstalled traces of any of the following apps:

gltron
tux racer
teeworld
brainparty
freeoffice
openarena
countdowntimer
wikihow

(as recommended elsewhere), have cleaned up my rootfs (got 70.7m free), and yet, when I go to update OTA, it tells me I have to do it via nokia software update on the pc...

Don't suppose anyone has any suggestions do they?

Thanks,

Steve

RevdKathy 2010-05-26 12:25

Re: PR 1.2 - Can't update OTA (Not rootfs related)

I couldn't update OTA either - I was blaming it on rootfs, so started uninstalling. Tried when I got up to 48.6, and updated fine (though so far wishing I hadn't, actually).

Based on that, I wonder if there are certain installations which are incompatible: try uninstalling any themes - I removed all mine. Other than that, I removed most Ovi stuff (as it has a reputation for poor rootfs use, though I didn't see much difference) and a few games.

I'd be interested to know what, if anything, others had to do to update OTA.

Duff 2010-05-26 12:26

Finally, someone with the same issue. Yeah ive been getting this aswell, anyone knows whats causing this

stayloa 2010-05-26 12:28

Its a bit annoying as I'd prefer doing it OTA...

Then again, there's so much rubbish on my phone that I'm tempted to do a full clean install and just restore the bits I actually use from my backup...

Why the lack of love for 1.2 Kathy?!

jer006 2010-05-26 12:30

i had this as well, i uninstalled opera, firefox and a bunch of other apps and i did an apt-get clean, apt-get autoclean and apt-get autoremove....

it only freed up a little over 2mb (42mb) but 1.2 installed fine afterwards...

i wonder if opera and/or firefox is incompatible with 1.2 as even though the repos are still enabled i do not see them in the download list anymore! bummer....

Hossie 2010-05-26 12:33

This GUI Updater is magic.

Try running apt-get dist-upgrade on the console - maybe apt also complains. If it doesn't complain (mine also didn't) - you are probably lost. I did a dist-upgrade on the shell which also worked fine.

Wichall 2010-05-26 12:51

Use the command mentioned here, worked for me. Without moving the apt cache temporarily, it was asking for 113mb in rootfs (impossible)

Edit: forgot link ;) http://wiki.maemo.org/Free_up_rootfs...side_of_rootfs

sebastian_ua 2010-05-26 12:55

and i've got some issues when upgrading through NSU. it just restarted the cell and after some time said it is not connected to the PC, try again. get sim and card out, didn't help. Trying OTA right now.

Joorin 2010-05-26 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by stayloa (Post 679163)
Hi all,

Very sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I've just uninstalled traces of any of the following apps:

gltron
tux racer
teeworld
brainparty
freeoffice
openarena
countdowntimer
wikihow

(as recommended elsewhere), have cleaned up my rootfs (got 70.7m free), and yet, when I go to update OTA, it tells me I have to do it via nokia software update on the pc...

Don't suppose anyone has any suggestions do they?

Thanks,

Steve

One common denominator is OpenGLES via SDL in those packages. This is a known issue and there are several threads about this already, bugs reported and developers working on it.

GameboyRMH 2010-05-26 13:32

Yeah I got the same error despite having about 56MB free, tried removing all opengles games, still nothing, then after doing an apt-get clean, apt-get autoclean, and apt-get autoremove it offered to remove my opengles libs, so I went ahead...now it's downloading :cool: