maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N900 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Telephony Is Sucking (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=58773)

CPRman 2010-07-19 23:08

Telephony Is Sucking

In the last few days I've been having lots of lag issues relateds to phopne calls. I get about half a ring before my calls get to Voicemail. Same thing trying to make a call I get a 5-20 second lag while the call connects. ANy ideas?

GreatGonzo 2010-07-19 23:26

Re: Telephony Is Sucking

a) Did you install any applications just before that
b) have you rebooted the phone
c) have you checked if other processes max out you cpu
d) Has your ear been sucked into the phone yet
e) apologies -but the title was asking for a smart arse response

atilla 2010-07-19 23:34

i think its the big and well knowed incoming call glitch.
here is the thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=54556
.basicly its a bug in pr 1.2 and surprise surprise you cant do something against that.the only way is too disable the auto rotate by incoming call you can do this in you telephone app at the top,you have to choose always landscape then you havent probs.

Hotshot 2010-07-19 23:39

Is your phone carrier tmobile? I have them and they service since last tuesday been very spotty but seems to have worked itself out. If thats your carrier I would say call them and they can reset your sim card that might solve your problem.

CPRman 2010-07-20 01:01

ATT here, tried landscape fix and that's not it.
I've now noticed that the screen lights up when the call begins to come in, but it's a few second after that that the telephony app opens, and by then you have but a second to catch the call before voicemail.

9000 2010-07-20 01:23

For detail investigation, would you please run the following command and upload the installed.txt here:

Code:

dpkg -l | grep ^ii | awk '{print $2}' | grep -v ^[lib,osso,hildon]  > /home/user/MyDocs/installed.txt

CPRman 2010-07-20 04:16

My keyboard doesn't have those characters, can't seem to copy and paste from email or browser, man sometimes this phone makes me feel like a ******.

9000 2010-07-20 04:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPRman (Post 757418)
My keyboard doesn't have those characters, can't seem to copy and paste from email or browser, man sometimes this phone makes me feel like a ******.

Slide your pen from outside of the lower left side of the browser to inside, an arrow would appear. Tap on that arrow to allow the mouse pointer to capture text. Ctrl-c to copy and Ctrl-v to paste.

Besides, if you haven't install mscim, then you must be able to open the virtual keyboard.

Be patient, you're doing something that no other phone could offer, so it's normal.

geohsia 2010-07-20 05:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPRman (Post 757418)

If you're just using the X Terminal and the physical keyboard click on the blue arrow on the far left middle button and then the Sym/Ctrl button far left top. Sym stands for Symbol and all of the symbols you need will pop up on a virtual keyboard and you can click away.

You'll get used to it soon enough. :-) Everyone starts somewhere.

Venemo 2010-07-20 05:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by CPRman (Post 757273)
In the last few days I've been having lots of lag issues relateds to phopne calls. I get about half a ring before my calls get to Voicemail. Same thing trying to make a call I get a 5-20 second lag while the call connects. ANy ideas?

Perhaps you're running resource-intensive applications in the background?
Or some widgets that are unstable?
Did you install anything from Extras-devel or Extras-testing?

How often do you reboot your N900?