maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Thank you... (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65591)

gerbick 2010-11-13 23:46

Thank you...

In a very odd way, I still find this forum to be one of the most informed, one of the absolute best forums out there that supports any device out there.

I've seen many arguments, many trends; but at the bottom of it all, I've seen a lot of users, developers, helpful advice and tons of things done that have helped extend the life of the Nokia Maemo devices, 770, N810 and N900 especially.

Great group, great amount of knowledge, varying opinions, way too much semantics, but a knowledgeable bunch nonetheless.

Kudos to this forum and thank you. I felt like it needed to be said.

Kangal 2010-11-14 01:31

Re: Thank you...

Nice one!

I'm guessing this community is more informed than others because the people of this forum (maemo owners) have really done there research before buying their device by seeing the advantages of these devices but while they compare it to the competitor devices.

I think we have less fanboys/trolls/flamewars here than most other device sites, and that again comes back to our self-research and semantics ... in short; we rock =D

Rebeldiamond 2010-11-14 02:02

[QUOTE=Kangal;872780]Nice on.

I think we have less fanboys/trolls/flamewars here than most other device sites

LOL

*the_newbie* 2010-11-14 02:57

[QUOTE=Rebeldiamond;872788]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kangal (Post 872780)
Nice on.

I think we have less fanboys/trolls/flamewars here than most other device sites

LOL

OH REALY!!!

;)

geneven 2010-11-14 03:06

Maybe everyone else has "really done their research," but I didn't. I saw that the N800 was Linux-based and just bought it.

RobbieThe1st 2010-11-14 04:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by geneven (Post 872810)
Maybe everyone else has "really done their research," but I didn't. I saw that the N800 was Linux-based and just bought it.

So what are you upset about, then? If you bought something -only- because it's Linux-based, you'd -better- be used to messing around at the command-line, and be happy doing so.

geneven 2010-11-14 04:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobbieThe1st (Post 872821)
So what are you upset about, then? If you bought something -only- because it's Linux-based, you'd -better- be used to messing around at the command-line, and be happy doing so.

You might want to reread this thread. I'm not upset.

ysss 2010-11-14 04:30

Uhuh, just needed 2 posts before it free falls into another flame fest?
Come on people.

@gerbick: well said dude. I concur.

geneven 2010-11-14 05:20

If anyone can explain how they got the impression that I'm not happy using the command line from any post I've ever made, let me know.

Viqsi 2010-11-14 05:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by geneven (Post 872846)
If anyone can explain how they got the impression that I'm not happy using the command line from any post I've ever made, let me know.

"Not doing research" is a common presumptive reason for folks to be upset with Maemo devices, so I'm guessing that was the basis for assuming a complaint. As to how that logical leap was reached, tho... dunno.