maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   MeeGo / Harmattan (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Elops oh s**t moment for Meego (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73691)

lorul2 2011-06-02 11:28

Elops oh s**t moment for Meego

Don't kill the messenger. Just noticed the article up on Engadget this morning. Thought I pass it along, after checking to make sure there is no current thread about it...

OH S**T!! :o

BTW

The Bloomberg article has a lot more ELOP insights.

m4r0v3r 2011-06-02 11:32

Re: Elops oh s**t moment for Meego

doesn't his face just make you want to pin him down and rain down elbows on his face.....

momcilo 2011-06-02 11:33

I had to cry myself.
sob, sob... How could you?

anonymous 2011-06-02 11:38

I gave Elop the benefit of the doubt until this morning.

Every time they give him a microphone he basically says "our products suck so hard! we can't do anything right! By the way, we're releasing a windows phone". The tech blogs eat this up, stocks fall. As the head of a company trying to make a profit, this makes no sense.

I know he is CEO and all, but they probably shouldn't let him speak at conferences.

benny1967 2011-06-02 12:03

The article makes it look as if MeeGo was so full of bugs (or lacking features) back in January that they would not be able to launch more than 3 MeeGo powered devices until 2014.

I don't really understand this. It just doesn't make sense: Are they talking about MeeGo proper or Harmattan?
If Harmattan: How can they release a (hopefully working) product this year if it's so 'unfinished'?
If MeeGo proper: Why not stick to the Harmattan-route then and slowly build it closer towards MeeGo proper until it is ready?

Daneel 2011-06-02 12:07

Hilarious.

Venemo 2011-06-02 12:15

This is just another ridiculous sh*t from Engadget, I don't believe a word of it.

Or if it's true, then Nokia's leadership is indeed incompetent.

Stskeeps 2011-06-02 12:18

Go read the article it refers to, that one is actually a fairly good read.

olighak 2011-06-02 12:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by benny1967 (Post 1020887)
The article makes it look as if MeeGo was so full of bugs (or lacking features) back in January that they would not be able to launch more than 3 MeeGo powered devices until 2014.

I don't really understand this. It just doesn't make sense: Are they talking about MeeGo proper or Harmattan?
If Harmattan: How can they release a (hopefully working) product this year if it's so 'unfinished'?
If MeeGo proper: Why not stick to the Harmattan-route then and slowly build it closer towards MeeGo proper until it is ready?

I agree this 3 device comment sounds like utterly nonsensical bs.

Once you get 1 out the next one can be very shortly behind it.

benny1967 2011-06-02 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venemo (Post 1020896)
This is just another ridiculous sh*t from Engadget, I don't believe a word of it.

Ridiculous sh*t or not, it's not from Engadget, it's from Bloomberg Businessweek.