maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Conversations Messed Up in many ways!! (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=74483)

zurrain101 2011-06-30 07:56

Conversations Messed Up in many ways!!

ive been having a conversations problem from the start. n900 is not a good phone for texting. Ok so it has various problems. sometimes when im texting a contact, it shows me no name in conversations. the name dissapears and its black but messages are there. sometimes the conversation of a specific contact dissapears and when i reboot, it starts coming, sometimes it doesnt come at all unless i delete all my conversatiosn and reboot. and sometimes it doesnt show my last sent message and is stuck on one last message. sometimes i dont get people's texts and get em after hours. this is only with my n900.i had other phones before with massive texting and no problem. its just with this phone. is there a permanent fix for this or any help would be apprecviated. thanks :)

zurrain101 2011-06-30 10:00

Conversations stuck

conversations deleting automatically help. when i get texts from one contact, my conversation gets stuck and doesnt revieve more messages.
edit: jedi please read the post before you post comments. you are annoying seriously.

jedi 2011-06-30 10:07

Re: Conversations Messed Up in many ways!!

Once again Zurrain/yasirrfc: cross-posting sucks. Stop doing it.

If you don't get an answer, be patient. If a couple of days passes, maybe bump it. If you still don't get an answer then it's very likely a 'unique' problem and probably a result of your own 'tinkering' with the device - if you can't undo it, re-flash it.

jedi 2011-06-30 10:32

Re: Conversations stuck

Quote:

Originally Posted by zurrain101 (Post 1042031)
edit: jedi please read the post before you post comments. you are annoying seriously.

I did read your post. It was exactly the same as the other thread you started only 3 hours before. These forums are chaotic enough without people posting the same thing over and over.

You will also get very fragmented replies which will be very hard to follow.

EDIT: For more info, have a read of the rules

zurrain101 2011-06-30 10:53

whatever man get a LIFE. dont lie to get attention

ysss 2011-06-30 12:41

If somehow you find yourself in an unfortunate situation where a conversation just putters down to an awkward near silence, and seemingly stuck, simply take a deep breath and relax... avoid vocalizing with 'uhhh' and 'ahhh's just to keep some noises going, silence is sometimes okay.

Think back whether you've given enough time for your partner to speak, and ask them what they thought of the conversations you've just had, or their day, or the weather.

Or you can simply look down and tinker with the n900 that you've been holding with your two hands on your lap and ignore the other party.

zurrain101 2011-06-30 13:24

hey thanks. but i dont text hardcore. i used to with my 5800 and it was fine. my friend and i used to text always like this but with n900, it gets stuck

abhideva 2011-06-30 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by zurrain101 (Post 1042031)
conversations deleting automatically help. when i get texts from one contact, my conversation gets stuck and doesnt revieve more messages.

Hey , zurrain ! I too had the same problem ! what i realised is this happens when u underclock your N900 to 250Mhz .... But it works fine on 600mhz ..... So setting the CPU frequency to default 600mhz will solve your problem , as far as i know .

cheers !

sjgadsby 2011-06-30 14:47

Threads merged. zurrain101, do not open multiple threads for the same request.

shallimus 2011-06-30 14:56

Consider this thread where I had a similar issue and subsequently resolved it.

...and play nice.