maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Nokia N9 / N950 (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Any Decent dictionary reader for n9 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82115)

youmeego 2012-02-05 05:57

Any Decent dictionary reader for n9

Any decent dictionary for n9 reader that supports many data format? Port one if not?

Jordi 2012-02-05 09:39

Re: Any Decent dictionary reader for n9

You will find DictionaryStar in ovi store and it's free.

The dictionnary are there: abloz.

SamGan 2012-02-06 01:54

QStardict is better and it only cost a pittance.

youmeego 2012-02-06 03:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamGan (Post 1161064)
QStardict is better and it only cost a pittance.

i didnt know qstardict has already been ported to n9, a great app for meego n9!

youmeego 2012-02-06 07:16

anyone here know how to get qstardict to work with the words data from the CDROM(it comes with my purchase of dictionary book "oxford advanced english learners' dictionary 8th edition)?

which files on the cdrom to be used as words data for qstardict? how do i convert it to the format that qstardict supports? please help, i have no clue. thanks

SamGan 2012-02-06 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by youmeego (Post 1161112)
anyone here know how to get qstardict to work with the words data from the CDROM(it comes with my purchase of dictionary book "oxford advanced english learners' dictionary 8th edition)?

which files on the cdrom to be used as words data for qstardict? how do i convert it to the format that qstardict supports? please help, i have no clue. thanks

It may not be necessary to convert as it may be available online. Stardict dictionaries are not easy to find now as the project in sourceforge has been closed but here is a cache.

zlatko 2012-02-06 09:11

@SamGan
Can you give some more info comparing QStardict to DictionaryStar? I am using DictionaryStar and find it quite well made and swift viewer, there is no trial for Qstardict so I wonder what will be better using it.
Thank you in advance for your reply.

youmeego 2012-02-06 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamGan (Post 1161135)
It may not be necessary to convert as it may be available online. Stardict dictionaries are not easy to find now as the project in sourceforge has been closed but here is a cache.

thanks for the info, the downloading speed is painfully slow:(

do you know how to convert it(cdrom 8th) to be used in stardict? i find the dictionaries there are so so

SamGan 2012-02-06 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by zlatko (Post 1161140)
@SamGan
Can you give some more info comparing QStardict to DictionaryStar? I am using DictionaryStar and find it quite well made and swift viewer, there is no trial for Qstardict so I wonder what will be better using it.
Thank you in advance for your reply.

Qstardict displays a filtered list of words as you type so you do not have to complete the word or know how to spell it correctly. This alone is worth the asking price.

zlatko 2012-02-06 13:40

@SamGan
DictionaryStar also display filtered list as you type. I am not arguing weather or not asking price is worth it, just want to know what is better there.