maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Quick Question] N9/Harmattan: How To Hide Particular Numbers From Conversations/Call Log?? (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84845)

IsaacDFP 2012-06-12 13:41

[Quick Question] N9/Harmattan: How To Hide Particular Numbers From Conversations/Call Log??

Like the title implies, I'm looking for an application that would hide SMS conversations I would have with a particular number. I don't want it to show with the other conversations. I can easily delete an item once I see it, but when I do not see it, I'd like *not* to be notified...
The answer I assume is already somewhere on the forum, but please take mercy on me as I do not have a lot of time to figure it out...lol

IsaacDFP 2012-06-12 15:10

Re: [Quick Question] N9/Harmattan: How To Hide Particular Numbers From Conversations/Call Log??

Sorry to bump, but no answers...? :(

Arie 2012-06-12 16:12

Re: [Quick Question] N9/Harmattan: How To Hide Particular Numbers From Conversations/Call Log??

Why not just put a lock code on your phone?

Edit: And make sure to not show notifications.

IsaacDFP 2012-06-12 16:29

Because...that would arise suspicion, which I am trying to avoid, lol.

Arie 2012-06-12 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by IsaacDFP (Post 1220986)
Because...that would arise suspicion, which I am trying to avoid, lol.

So are you cheating on your wife or selling drugs... lol

IsaacDFP 2012-06-12 18:40

without acknowledging or denying anything... I am going to guess that I will have no luck achieving what I want?

ejasmudar 2012-06-12 18:50

i think a small daemon script to watch for sms from that no (via dbus) and then auto mark it as read should work?

Arie 2012-06-12 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejasmudar (Post 1221050)
i think a small daemon script to watch for sms from that no (via dbus) and then auto mark it as read should work?

The problem is he's asking for it to be completely hidden from view altogether.

This is actually a cool idea in theory.

ejasmudar 2012-06-13 01:12

hmmm, so that means, first it has to be marked read, then the text copied/appended to a text file and the text deleted. Doable, imo. Any idea how to interact with messages? Is It via sqlite?

GreatGonzo 2012-06-13 01:23

It is reasonably straight forward to "intercept" messages using qtmobility. I found it a little slow at times. In short the mobility API allows you to listen to any message and act on it (delete etc). The dbus interface allows you to handle the notification system.

I could write something like this although isn't there a SMS blocker already. That could be modified to save the message somewhere.