maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Applications (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   [Announce] NoStopPlayer for N9 (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=86554)

gionni88 2012-09-03 08:16

[Announce] NoStopPlayer for N9

NoStopPlayer is a gapless playback player for Harmattan. After picking a directory, all its audio files will be loaded in alphabetically order by their filenames.

NoStopPlayer has been developed specifically for this purpose, for other features there is still SigmaPlayer.

I'm using phonon as multimedia framework, but the finished signal is emitted too much after the real track end and the prefinish mark put at 1ms before the end is triggered 1000ms before, so I'm using custom timers. With the albums I have tested only 1/10 of times there is a less than 100ms gap between tracks.

Free 0.0.3 version can be downloaded from here.

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5...0903100223.png

HtheB 2012-09-03 08:24

Re: [Announce] NoStopPlayer for N9

Thanks!

But why not adding this as a feature for sigmaplayer? :p

gionni88 2012-09-03 08:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by HtheB (Post 1260063)
Thanks!

But why not adding this as a feature for sigmaplayer? :p

I'm using two player objects, so there is more ram and cpu usage, expecially at tracks switches. SigmaPlayer is already heavy with EQ enabled, think about two players with two equalizer effects enabled, it would be 80% cpu usage. Better to keep it as it is, isn't it? And not every album requires gapless playback.

Drekkie 2012-10-01 00:32

Much thanks for the effort, but I'm still getting gaps during track transitions with this (though smaller than the stock media player gaps).

Either way, nice to know there are others out here who at least care about gapless.

gionni88 2012-10-01 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drekkie (Post 1274556)
Much thanks for the effort, but I'm still getting gaps during track transitions with this (though smaller than the stock media player gaps).

Either way, nice to know there are others out here who at least care about gapless.

In next version I'm adding option to set custom delays to get a better playback depending on album/device. Right now is set to 1000ms.

Samert 2012-10-02 11:00

much awaited app! thanks a lot!!
I've just noticed something, when playing any track, the song name would appear on the LPM screen (actually not the current song but the next one!!) and even after closing NoStopPlayer the song name stays on the LPM screen until reboot..
Again many thanks for the effort, ur apps always rock :)

gionni88 2012-10-24 17:34

Updated first post with 0.0.3 version.

Bugs fixed:
LPM screen shows current song

New features:
First screen shown last played directories. Unwanted dirs may be removed tapping the thrash icon.
Tracks delay is customizable. Default is 1000ms and custom value goes from 500 (a lot of overclip) to 1500 (gap is noted).
Landscape orientation.

MarcAnton 2012-10-28 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samert (Post 1275245)
much awaited app! thanks a lot!!
I've just noticed something, when playing any track, the song name would appear on the LPM screen (actually not the current song but the next one!!) and even after closing NoStopPlayer the song name stays on the LPM screen until reboot..
Again many thanks for the effort, ur apps always rock :)

installed NoStopPlayer Pro from store today, after closing player I still have notification on stanbyscreen (in tiny little and unreadable letters).

after reboot it's gone, please add option to deactivate LPM notification.

gionni88 2012-10-28 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcAnton (Post 1286657)
installed NoStopPlayer Pro from store today, after closing player I still have notification on stanbyscreen (in tiny little and unreadable letters).

after reboot it's gone, please add option to deactivate LPM notification.

Do you have Billboard installed?

MarcAnton 2012-10-28 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by gionni88 (Post 1286694)
Do you have Billboard installed?

yes, I'm using Billboard