maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   Maemo 5 / Fremantle (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Problem with shutdown/reboot N900 (kernel-power) (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90112)

badazimer 2013-05-15 13:22

Problem with shutdown/reboot N900 (kernel-power)

If I pushing power button to shutdown: sometimes device rebooted. Sometimes shutdown. Rebooting is not work - it work the same as shut-down. Can it fixed?
Have this problem with kernel-power51/52 + CSSU+Thumb. Reistalling OS is not a decision - problem remained.
Help!

badazimer 2013-05-16 08:32

Re: Problem with shutdown/reboot N900

Can anybody help me please?

willi6868 2013-05-16 08:57

It is a bug with kernel power since version ~46 and it seems to be still not fixed...:) but as far as I remember the N900 is not rebooting with plugged Charger/usb cable so unplug it :)

handaxe 2013-05-16 09:01

Search for a posting by user "estel" on the reboot issue. It is a known but very elusive bug.

To summarise: shutdown always works but trying to do a reboot does not, as the device tries but shutsdown.

Another peculiarity: if charging when off it may not boot up when switched on. Uncouple charger and switch on, and it will boot.
No known cure. My n900 has done this in the past. No after a reflash is doesn't.

"Technology is strange"

(edit: slow typer I am , and long winded....)

badazimer 2013-05-16 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by handaxe (Post 1343999)
Search for a posting by user "estel" on the reboot issue. It is a known but very elusive bug.

To summarise: but trying to do a reboot does not, as the device tries but shutsdown.

Another peculiarity: if charging when off it may not boot up when switched on. Uncouple charger and switch on, and it will boot.
No known cure. My n900 has done this in the past. No after a reflash is doesn't.

"Technology is strange"

(edit: slow typer I am , and long winded....)

I know this bug, but in my situation shutdown works not always. If I push shutdown button: 50% device is shutdown, 50& - is rebooted, This is my problem. I’ll never be sure that device shutdown after push button

handaxe 2013-05-16 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by badazimer (Post 1344025)
I know this bug, but in my situation shutdown works not always. If I push shutdown button: 50% device is shutdown, 50& - is rebooted, This is my problem. I’ll never be sure that device shutdown after push button

I wonder if this is related to the problem you had with stock camera and blessn900? That is, buttons responding inconsistently.

Do you have strange / complex mappings? Wild guessing here....

freemangordon 2013-05-16 16:11

Re: Problem with shutdown/reboot N900 (kernel-power)

Do you have your /home FS type changed by chance?

badazimer 2013-05-17 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by handaxe (Post 1344035)
I wonder if this is related to the problem you had with stock camera and blessn900? That is, buttons responding inconsistently.

Do you have strange / complex mappings? Wild guessing here....

MayBe, but if I want shutdown - I make a short press to button & push shutdown in popup - this is not a button problem. If You give me command to x-term which making a shutdown - I will test it. Maybe - halt?

handaxe 2013-05-17 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by badazimer (Post 1344230)
MayBe, but if I want shutdown - I make a short press to button & push shutdown in popup - this is not a button problem. If You give me command to x-term which making a shutdown - I will test it. Maybe - halt?

Code:

poweroff -d 0

badazimer 2013-05-17 07:46

Re: Problem with shutdown/reboot N900 (kernel-power)

Quote:

Originally Posted by freemangordon (Post 1344083)
Do you have your /home FS type changed by chance?

I doubt, I didn't make operation with partition & FS. And how it
influence to shutdown operation?