maemo.org - Talk

maemo.org - Talk (https://talk.maemo.org/index.php)
-   General (https://talk.maemo.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Camera phone competition January 2014 "Water" (https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=92267)

Half-Life_4_Life 2014-01-04 14:31

Camera phone competition January 2014 "Water"

Hello! A new theme, finally.

Water. Ranging from ice to clouds.
Here's what briest has to say about this subject: "Water? In all forms and shapes, from snow, icicles and igloos thru rivers and seas up to rain, blizzards, clouds, and steaming locomotives."

So you should start planning what to shoot, gonna be a long winter.
For me, it is sunny here in Croatia. I don't know when it will snow. :)

Rules!
Photos must be taken during this month.
Photos must be taken by the posting member.
Photos must be taken with a camera phone.
Users can change the entry only once.
Users must add a link to the original photo with EXIF.
(If possible, name the phone)
Last three days of this month are for voting, as always.

Have fun in the snow, or perhaps rain. And I strongly advise you don't have fun in the clouds. You will ether be falling or stuck in the Cloud storage... :)

rob_kouw 2014-01-04 19:17

Re: Camera phone competition January 2014 "Water"

1 Attachment(s)
Out of competition, but I am positively amazed by the photo quality of the Jolla. The depth of field is what I like about it.

Now I could argue that the Auricularia auricula-judae largely consists of water, but I won't. I will just share the photo. Hold your monitor sideways for the sake of it. No clue how to rotate it.

Rauha 2014-01-04 20:29

This is a pic that took on my christmas holiday to Istanbul. It's from a ferry ride from the European part of Istanbul to the Asian side. Water in picture is the Bosphorus strait separating Europe from Asia. Land on the horozon is Asia. Taken with my Jolla.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-_...131226_079.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-_...131226_079.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_kouw (Post 1403799)
Out of competition, but I am positively amazed by the photo quality of the Jolla. The depth of field is what I like about it.

Now I could argue that the Auricularia auricula-judae largely consists of water, but I won't. I will just share the photo. Hold your monitor sideways for the sake of it. No clue how to rotate it.

Personally i'm dissapointed with Jolla pic quality, but anyway you should be able to rotate the picture on the phone:
1. Open the pic in Gallery app.
2. Click on pic.
3. Menus shows up.
4. Drag down to show options.
5. Choose edit.
6. Choose rotate.

Note that my phone is set on finnish language option and above I'm using most likely english translations for those functions.

Half-Life_4_Life 2014-01-04 21:10

Geat shots both of you! The horizon seems a little crooked Rauha.
Briest will be happy with this because it has a fliying seagull in it. (only he and me know what I'm talking about :) )
rob_kouw the photo looks OK like this actually.

praveenchand 2014-01-05 05:35

1 Attachment(s)
Today it's rainy day...rare occasion..i took a pic...original uploaded

Taken with Nokia N9.

Half-Life_4_Life 2014-01-05 13:59

What a good start for this year! :)
Today it is quite rainy and dull.
I will be working the whole day on my PC.
(P.S I'm learning about web design and graphic design)

praveenchand 2014-01-05 19:53

i am not sure if my pic a valid choice for this competition...if rain persists i will try to take another shot..

rob_kouw 2014-01-05 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rauha (Post 1403815)
Personally i'm dissapointed with Jolla pic quality, but anyway you should be able to rotate the picture on the phone:
1. Open the pic in Gallery app.
2. Click on pic.
3. Menus shows up.
4. Drag down to show options.
5. Choose edit.
6. Choose rotate.

Note that my phone is set on finnish language option and above I'm using most likely english translations for those functions.

On the phone the rotation is no problem, it's fine like it is. Somehow it uploaded on TMO like this.
Photo quality: must say I mostly like the pictures at close range from the Jolla. The camera app is by far not versatile enough for normal work.

Protegio 2014-01-06 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by praveenchand (Post 1403884)
Today it's rainy day...rare occasion..i took a pic...original uploaded

Taken with Nokia N9.

mmm.. Camaro

pichlo 2014-01-06 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_kouw (Post 1404081)
On the phone the rotation is no problem, it's fine like it is. Somehow it uploaded on TMO like this.

I had the same problem with my December submission. It looked fine on the phone, but rotated upon uploading to TMO.I tried rotating on the phone and uplloading again, the same result. I assume the phone obeys some EXIF metadata telling it what the orientation is but TMO doesn't.