View Single Post
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Again what are you going on about? The fact is this hadn't even hit development repos yet.
At the time I posted, .47 had been in my devel repo for a minimum of 5 hours, maybe more.

If you lack even the most rudimentary of problem solving skills/understanding STAY AWAY!
Agreed. This is what I said you should have done, not what you did. What you did is you took it upon yourself to administer a punishment which is, in your opinion, fitting to the high crime of asking.

Cool false analogy bro, however allow me to take it a step further. What kind of dumbas$ would drink random cups of liquid, then expect sympathy when it was found out they drank a lab sample of herpes?
You expect doctors to run a test screening at the entrance to determine if you did all the right things before giving you the antidote? Does anyone /deserve/ anti-venom, since they have obviously been stupid enough to be around a snake?

By that measure, if someone falls in a well, we should p*ss on top because whatever he gets he deserves for being around a well? Do you even know how his English is? His age?

Don't help if you don't want, lecture if it makes you feel better. You shouldn't be lecturing if you don't help, make way for those who do want to help. Just don't throw stuff in, that's low.

No, this is more like the dog that steals food from the table. No matter how many times you explain to the dog 'Don't steal food from the table, it is people food not dog food!' The damn critter just doesn't understand.
a) Every time it's a different dog. It's not the same person asking, it's another user. The fact that you tally them together means nothing to nobody. By that standard, you're whatever-i-want because I had to deal with 5 whatever-i-wants today. The dog in your story is a different dog every time, can't remember from dog to dog and your chilli is just cruel and pointless.

b) By the time you apply dog training techniques to humans you should already have a slight feeling you're over what is socially acceptable.

student: What is 2+2?
vi: 4
vi: 4
vi: 4!
vi: stand on the motorway with your eyes shut, the answer will hit you in a minute.
There are so many things wrong with that. Like being under the impression that they were asking YOU. When you are a teacher, like in the above scenario, maybe. Not in real life. Also,

a) If it were obvious like that, it would have been cool. It was not. You told the user to close his eyes and take 2 steps forwards, after which you pushed him into the tracks. Your justification being "he was stupid enough to listen to me". Which kinds of tells me things about you.

b) If you were a teacher and that student (again with the same person thing, really, TMO is quite large) got hit by a train, you'd go to jail for abusing a position of power and trust to trick a student to his death. Medical personnel, police, teachers of all ranks (including university) have special laws in place, making what they do to their students, patients, etc way worse.

You should not mistake gullibility or ignorance with stupidity and malevolence.

And frankly, even if they were asking you, and even if they did simply tl;rd the thread, and even if they thought to themselves "you know what, I'll be a d*ck today. I will NOT read the thread, I will NOT document, I'll just skip and ask vi_ personally what to do", even then, they're holes and you'd be lowering yourself to their level.

I guess that's a wakeup call for me, as well. We all have bad days.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post: