View Single Post
Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
Originally Posted by mrexcess View Post
disaster... a friend of mine managed to spill a full jug of heineken on my n900 on my stag party, it still turns on after drying out. but its got the strangest collection of problems:

- Camera app wont start 'operation failed'
- File manager crashes
- never finds any wireless connections
- when shut down the phone seems to display the nokia logo with no backlight.
- the ear speaker doesnt work on phone calls, but speaker mode does.
- cant 'sudo gainroot' anymore, it just hangs
- massive graphical glitches are intermittant (mostly when plugged into usb)
- ugh and its soo sticky behing the keyboard.

luckily i never cancelled the 'opt-out' phone insurance so i can get it sorted through them, tho im gunna have to do without my phone for a while

the biggest problem might be the power kernel etc that i have installed, im worried the problems with file manager etc are a indication that a flash chip is dead and if i reflash it, it might fail half way through.

any advice on restoring factory settings, removing multiboot etc are welcome but ill use search etc ofc but since im having trouble removing any applications etc im worried that i wont be able to reflash at all, plus i dont really want to leave all my apps on there tbh.

EDIT: managed to re-flash fine using this guide: Windows n900 reflashing guide
all issues still the same tho so its deffo hardware.

anyone had problems with warranty / insurance repairs and custom kernels etc?

????????? switch off the phone! open it, and put all the parts on a big jar of rice (covered)! the rice absorbs the liquids don't keep it on, switch it off you can burn some internal components!

change the rice every day, when it'll be dry, then u can switch it on again after u assembled again the parts.