View Single Post
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Good news everyone ! I uploaded 1.2.0 final to extras-devel, enjoy, lots'a fixes and tweaks since the techpreview, especially in the location APIs. I would like you to give this a good shake, as 1.2.0 is going to go Extras sooner or later (as this is an upstream stable release).
Hey! Thanks a lot. Unfortunately I have to mention that the performance of the 1.2.0 final is not as good as the one of the 1.2.0 tech preview.

For example adding map objects to the the map (map->addMapObject()) takes about 150ms while the tech preview did this in 1ms.

Also the map dragging/flicking performance is waaay slower than the tech preview if there are a lot of map objects (We have about 200 QGeoMapPixmapObjects).

Unfortunately this regression can also be seen on the desktop where inserting a QGeoMapObject now takes about 15ms while 1.1.3 did this in less than 1ms.

This makes the QGraphicsGeoMap rather useless on the N900. Any suggestions how we could speed things up while getting the fixes from 1.2.0?

If you want a live example of the slowdown install "getmewheels" from the extras-devel/testing repository and start it once with the 1.2.0~tp1 and then with the 1.2.0-fn. You will notice the difference immediately.