View Single Post
Originally Posted by goetz View Post
With the existing calendar widgets there is always the drawback that tasks are not shown, or only one of them/the number of tasks. As the tasks are stored in a sqlite database and can be easily drawn from this database, I decided to create myself a simple widget showing the next tasks: the widget in the red box in the screenshot attached.

It's simple and displays the next 5 tasks with the following command, each task in a separate line:
Code:
sqlite3 /home/user/.calendar/calendardb 'select substr(Summary,0,30) from Components where ComponentType="2" order by DateStart limit 5;
If you would like to import this widget into QBW, please use the exported file calendar_tasks.txt attached to this post.

You can modify the number of tasks shown by changing the number after "limit", and you can change the line length of the ouput lines by modifying the "30" in the substr(....,30) call in the code snippet.

Disclaimer: Please be aware that this code snippet/widget accesses your calendar database. If you don't change the command, it shoud be a harmless read-only access, but there may be some issues when this command and the calendar app access the database at the same time. I will take no responsibility for your calendar databases if you use this command/widget!

Have fun!

Goetz
hi.
am very interested to put MY TASKS on my n900 desktop, i try your way but nothing happens, am wondering if i can create a qbw command so it will show me my calendar TASK
its very useful for me to check my TASK like to do list on the desktop, can this be done !?!?!?
thank you