View Single Post
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
I already have 15 columns with all my info.
Whoa.. pushing the limits! It's nice with the dynamic loading. Although sideways scrolling suffers a bit. I use 3-6 columns on N900.

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
If I could make some suggestions:
  1. A GO TO button or icon on left side to take me to a column, perhaps it can show a pull down of column names.
  2. The menu on the left to slide in, creating more space on the screen.
  3. A way to 'Short Name' the columns afterwards (feeds currently have the entire URL name showing).
  4. Allow a column to be edited (e.g. I would like to set the notify option on, which I didn't do when I created it.
  5. After logging into another account, a new column was added at the begining but the column had no name.
  6. Theme choices or a choice to change colours.
  7. How difficult would it be to scroll to the end (right side) and automatically appear at the left side (similar to N900 desktop scrolling...a loop?
  8. Where is your DONATE button?
  9. Where is the ABOUT screen where you can show off version, creator details?
1. Good idea. I could use that on the desktop version too. I'll look into it.
2. But how would you get it back?
3. I haven't come up with a good and non-messy method to sort that one yet. It's been on my mind.
4. I'm planning to add some editing of that sort to the move column dropdown (longpress top bar)
5. Switching accounts on the fly causes some weirdness. I recommend writing username/password, click login and then restart the application. You can launch the app as root from xterm and register another account there if you want two simultaneously btw.
6. Could be nice, but it's pretty low priority right now, unless it's really easy
7. ^^ check first post.
8. Oh yeah. I guess I could add some crap to the login dialog. It's so small and pathetic anyway

Originally Posted by DazHug View Post
I'm loving this app as its the only thing that gets close to a desktop view. I know I'm getting old but I can only use it when wearing glasses as the font size has to be the smallest of any apps. Any chance for the following options:
1. number of columns on view
2. choice of font sizes
3. rotated view showing one column
1. Not sure what you mean. Do you want a counter somewhere?
2. That shouldn't be too hard, and It could be really useful when you use it on other devices too. I'll take it under consideration
3. It does! Sort of. Unfortunately I've made stuff rather stupidly so the width of the columns is not very dynamic, but I agree it's annoying. Would be a lot of work so It's kinda low priority.

Thank you for the ideas. I probably wont implement the bigger stuff yet, since I have a couple of bugs I
want to get fixed first. But if they prove difficult I'll maybe implement some fun stuff in between.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

The Following User Says Thank You to mece For This Useful Post: