View Single Post
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
And IIRC, the theme WILL need porting if they do decide to go from 3.8.2 to 4.0 - it's a major jump. The forum will most likely break for a few days.
Don't know where you are coming from but in my world users do not recognize a thing from it when done properly and all functions are still supported in the newer version. Downtime is no option for a pay-for forum software!

Also, I think that Nokia's Maemo 6 should either be split from the MeeGo forum or put in a sub-forum, being not-quite-MeeGo and all that. Even if they do get the seal of approval from MeeGo.com.
Read again! If branded Maemo it will stay here! If not branded Maemo it will not merge into MeeGo forums as those are for MeeGo and not for any derived distros. Maybe the infrastructure of maemo.org will stay but get renamed and hold the then "old" Maemo and it's rusty remains.

EDIT: Can we please have SSO for maemo.org? It's pretty confusing - multiple sites with the same theme, but you'l have to re-register each time.
SSO is another "requested ages ago" issue! *remind* But has nothing to do with a vBulletin upgrade in general.

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Reggie is still the t.m.o admin.
t.m.o admin != serveradmin

I don't know if vBulletin can be easily upgraded from inside itself without access to the filesystem.

Last edited by chemist; 2011-05-31 at 12:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post: