View Single Post
Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by artron View Post
Im using "ITEM_DEVICE=${INT_CARD}p2" because i have an MMC (micro SD card) plugged in my N900. if i change the like this "ITEM_DEVICE=mmcblk0p2", so i must unplug my MMC first. is Umay must run with unplug MMC, if i installed on EMMC?
Make sure that your multiboot ".item" file for NITDroid is typed like this:

Code:
${INT_CARD}p2
instead of

Code:
mmcblk0p2
Originally Posted by artron View Post
this figured on my N900,
I Have MMC plugin.
i can boot to Maemo with Omap and power-kernel normaly on every boot. then i boot to Nitdroid and work correctly and normal to inside the Nitdroid OS, but i reboot or restart from Nitdroid and return to Multiboot menu and choose the menu from Omap and Power-kernel i alwast get " Guru Meditation : Required Files Not Found ".

so my problem is if i boot to Nitdroid then reboot and return to multiboot menu im alwasy lost my Omap Kernel dan power-kernel. so i must reflash "kernel only" again if i want to boot to maemo.
Hi Friend,

I experienced that problem before and got it solved. This is caused by forgetting a step in the NITDroid installation procedure, particularly these commands:

Code:

root
apt-get update
apt-get install nitdroid-installer
y
y again if it asks again.
I ran into the problem because I tried the uninstallation steps, and then tried to reinstall NITDroid (I just wanted to verify if the uninstallation procedure works that's why I did it. ).

So what happened was the exact same thing...I can boot into NITDroid properly, but after booting into NITDroid and wanting to go back to Maemo, I get the "Guru Meditation" problem. To solve it I had to always reflash (kernel only). I tried to think hard and remembered that I missed the steps I quoted above. So I did the steps and it solved the problem. If I remember correctly, those steps are required because it also installs the "Multiboot kernel" (so that you can boot between NITDroid and Maemo). Without it, you'll always get that problem you mentioned.

Hope this helps.