View Single Post
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
Me, too, I'm worried about the application speed. Do you mind to post how you hack roadmap_input.c?
I didn't. 90% of the technologies waze are using is already implemented one way or the other.

I did it as follows:
1) Maps & tiles => Waze web API which is strongly based on OpenLayers and uses WMS as a tiling protocol - this runs inside an embedded browser
2) Find - AJAX API call against Waze site (the one from their web API is not good, I had to rewrite)
3) Navigation - AJAX API call against Waze site - I do what their livemap site does
4) Plotting track - OpenLayers again
5) Plotting traffic issues - (not implemented yet) AJAX API call &OpenLayers
6) GPS interaction - QTMobility

I have not yet enabled browser caching, once I do that, the speed will increase and the network traffic will degrade.

I am trying to design it in a way so that once there will be a WMS plugin for the QML Location Map element, I will ditch the embedded browser and this will have a lot of obvious benefits.

Originally Posted by epitaph View Post
Does it make sense to write a commandline-tool for this roadmap_input.c? I'm a Google-Maps developer and I can't see those maps anymore. It would be nice to have just a commandline-tool with lots of numbers and directions?
I look at the C code very rarely as its missing some documentation. I looked at it several times when I tried modifying Mappero to support waze, but that was a long time ago.

Anyway v0.0.4 is now available,