View Single Post
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
The more that I think about Sammy giving some fresh GSII's to key CM7 devs, the more that I think it was a very smart business move.

Consider that CM7 is essentially a port of Android and Android is OSS. Samsung have effectively outsourced development of Android on its own platform for FREE whilst simultaneously winning favour of the community.

That's a pretty slick move.

Considering the speed of CM7 releases, I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung wasn't borrowing from the codebase when moving towards their next release iteration.
totally agree. samsung can mod their in-house devel models with a cyanogenmod, if the samsung developers go "wow, why didn't I think of that" it'll be on the next release and only the cyanogen-team will truly know where it came from. or, samsung doesn't have to touch the cyanogenmod in anyway, yet, like you said, they potentially won some 500,000 odd modders on their side, lead by the cyanogenmod team.

slick move indeed.

wait, so where are the devel-only N9's again

edit: the frowny face does not imply I have any devel skillz, nor that I'm waiting for said device. in fact, the devel community as a whole will be better off if I never get my hands on a devel-only-N9

"The Cake Is A Lie"

Last edited by frostbyte; 2011-06-08 at 14:07.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post: