View Single Post
------------
If you want rotation support you need to have CSSU installed first. Have you installed it already?
-------------
No. What drew my attention initially was the neato power-button-menu, then I read a bit about the ssu, and then the turbo kernel, and I thought that would be the first thing to do. Can't do that? Ok, what's step one then.
----------------
Please paste here the console output of apt-get install
--------------
Ok:

/home/user # apt-get install osso-software-version-rx34-unlocked
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run ‘apt-get -f install’ to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies.
osso-software-version-rx34: Conflicts: osso-software-version-variant
osso-software-version-rx34-unlocked: Conflicts: osso-software-version-variant
pygtkeditor: Depends: python2.5-pygtksourceview but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try ‘apt-get -f install’ with no packages (or specify a solution).
/home/user #

( I did apt-get -f install after the first time apt-get suggested it, this output is from after the -f install command)
----------------
The internal flash is divided into 4 partitions. 1st one contains the lock password, R&D flags, which partition to boot from, and other data. 2nd one contains the kernel. 3rd one contains initfs, a small filesystem used when booting, here is where you installed the bootmenu. 4th one contains the main OS partition, this one is used only if you have selected to boot from internal flash.
Since the kernel is the first thing loaded at boot, it'll use the same kernel no matter where you boot from.
-----------
Got that, all makes sense now.

(this forum quoting thing is funny, it only does one level deep quotes it seems, oh well)

(in re my question about booting issues...)
--------------
It indicates a problem with bootmenu.
If you always boot from the sd card and just use the internal flash as backup, you can uninstall bootmenu and configure the tablet to boot from sd first and flash second. Then, to boot from internal flash, you just pull out the sd card before turning on the device.
--------------
Ok, I'll dig around and see if I can figure out how to fix that.

Thanks, and do keep going...