View Single Post
Originally Posted by Maruzko View Post
sydb,
How are you finding the battery life of the Desire Z compared to the N900 ?
I can't be accurate but I'd say there is not much in it. I charge both every night, if I don't then sometimes both last a bit into the next day. I wouldn't trust either of them to last without overnight charge.

Funny thing I noticed today. I had said the video playback on the Desire Z was outstanding, but today I was trying the N900 and the video playback (from Mediatomb) was good so I did a comparison with the HTC Desire Z and the N900 was much, much better than the HTC! There is a difference in the way they degrade, the N900 will stop the video and buffer, while the Z will just let the video slow down and get way out of sync with the audio.

I was surprised how well the N900 handled this as I do not remember it being any good for video. Sorry if my earlier post was in any way misleading.

@Maruzko, there is more app support but most of the apps are rubbish!

I've done some speed tests, just how long it takes to load pages, and HTC is about twice as fast as the N900. Also the browser reflows text to fit your zoom level which is a really nice touch. It's better for web browsing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sydb For This Useful Post: