View Single Post
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
You're confusing innovative with disruptive.

A technology must be effective and reach critical mass to be disruptive.
I think this point is valid but I wonder about the original choice of the word disruptive because, usually, I think of it as being used in the context of an action that creates a disturbance that interfers with getting things done like a disruptive student in classroom making it impossible for a lesson to be taught. Although this may be the case as, since the release of the teaser, it appears to me that less progress has been made in maemo due to all the distractions!

My guess is that the intention was to connotate that the new device represents such an advance that people will now change the way they do things and will not go back to the old ways. In this sense I would say the new device would have an impact on how we do things but it is not neccesarily disruptive.

Then I have to ask, what device to be demonstrated on June 21 is actually disruptive from Nokia's point of view? Although the word disruptive has been used with the n9 in past announcements, why would a "niche' device be considered disruptive? I would think, in Nokia's view that the disruptive device is the MS one as they have chosen this OS to put their energy into and hope to make an impact with.