View Single Post
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mehulrajput View Post
let me know if you need help in testing...
If anyone is still interested in CarKit integration there is a test version of FriendlyFM 0.2.3 to try out.

I made a quick test and it seemed to work but I am still not sure how useful this is. As I understand it you can hear the voice of the caller through the speakers but still have to hold the device near your mouth in order to be heard through the microphone. According to some other thread a headset microphone is not supported.

To be clear: This is the functionality of FM CarKit integrated into FriendlyFM so I will only accept bugs if the behavior is different in both applications.

The functionality can be turned on and off in the settings. Independent of the settings the functionality will only be available as long as the transmitter is active. Which has the advantage that you don't have to turn it off when leaving the car. But on the other hand, if you don't turn on the transmitter when entering the car CarKit is also off.

That's the best solution for switching CarKit on and off I could think off but I am open for suggestions.

Update: Please run

Code:
chmod +x /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/friendlyfm
after the installation to avoid crashing hildon-desktop when adding the applet.

Last edited by percy; 2011-06-30 at 21:15. Reason: Avoid crash of hildon-desktop

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to percy For This Useful Post: