View Single Post
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
How can you be so damn sure you need more than 1Ghz!?!?!?

People should learn to not only read how cool HW spec and thinks its the only thing that is important. Cause its not!

Remember when N900 with 600Mhz pissed on 800Mhz slow Androids.

Some Android is STILL slower than Maemo not because of lack of CPU clockspeed instead because the UI and rest of the OS is not optimized!
Ok, let me put it this way then. Why should I update when it's got no more CPU and GPU power then my N900? And the UI could very well be ported to the N900, given time. Probably not as good cuz of less RAM, but still.
A new phone (the successor) should have HDMI, and a GPU that can handle HD (yeah, this gpu can record in 720p, but bearly. And it kills the battery doing it).. Hell, I promise this phone will be EXPENSIVE, and for it not to have current gen SoC is just cheap.

Don't get me wrong, I love Meamo/Meego, but to buy a new phone just for an OS update doesn't seem right. Becouse hardware-wise you almost doing a downgrade, with the keyboard and FM TX gone. I knew it wouldn't have the absoulte latest hardware, but this is same gen as n900, and thats too old. If it had come last year, then this SoC would've been acceptable. But hell, I'm an idiot, so why listen to me.