View Single Post
Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
No flash? not even asking for 10.3 (3rd update over past 2 months on Android) but at least 10.1 not even asking for AIR. Nothing changed in this matter from 2,5 year!. Even Apple let us develop apps using AIR and translate to native C these days.

Lack of apps and now even less flexibility to have a custom Linux boxes. Just abandoned this forum when I bought new Nexus S. 4inch AMOLED, screen same processor, a bit less memory. But Flash 10.3 and AIR 2.6 (2.7 coming soon). If you are not familiar with AIR what does it means for your OS? here is the list of 10 000 apps available for Android Blackberry and some of them where ported to iOS.

http://www.appbrain.com/apps/adobe-air

This number of apps only increased a value of the platform that allowed it on their device. And came up only within past year when Nokia was busy doing deal with MS. Do you remember my flames about it? How big flash community can make it happen much faster than this small community of developers? It is already a fact. we developed 10x more for mobile platforms within a year than you here within 5. And you might complain Flash based apps are not as good as native ones. True. But user is not giving a **** about that. They want a choice.

The only thing I missed so much is HW keyboard. N9 showing no advantage over it except camera. I was sceptical about Android as most of you. But I am enjoying latest version of it, since it's google reference phone for developers. And is always getting updates first. I have to say as a touch screen phone, smart phone and app holder eating N900 on breakfast. And realised how much less time I'm spending to get access to information I need. The way how map navigation and skype is working here made me feel like a foolish dude trusting that was the strongest Nokia selling point.

I was a big fan of N900 even a bit blind. Still using it as communicator and in fact this is primary and only function of the phone for £400. It is a bit silly since sitting next to my desktop pc most of the time.

Came back with a little hope here... noting. I like a design but the rest is not making this device even better than N900. And my N900 you already know when is ended up.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devu For This Useful Post: