View Single Post
Posts: 1,196 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Originally Posted by ankurs
if you watch the video closely, he says the UI will be reused .... aka will see wp7 with n9 UI sometime in future

Of course Microsoft has not invented anything themselves they always copy :@
It will not be reused, it will live on. Live is not to be contained, it may show up everywhere.
Elop: ”the point is that the user interface of the N9 will live on…” ~Titanic theme playing~

Originally Posted by MoJo View Post
Calm down guys, they did this for a reason. The similarities between Stingray and the N9 aesthetically is to obviously cut down in production costs ... the same reason why Palm and HP have been throwing that beautiful OS into the same hardware form factor with incremental updates.
For a reason, sure. Maybe the similarities in design are meant for the short lived N9 never do be recognizable on the street!
Unlike with the N900 you will not get any “what is that you are holding” question? (Ironically, even in Nokia sales points I have received this question 2 times)
Everybody will assume your N9 generic –a-child-can-design-it-if-somebody-cramps-the-transistors-in-it-flat-square is just a WP7.
Elop: “the point is that the beautiful industrial design of the N9 will live on….”

Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
This is exactly what i was thinking. The window 8 demo had the similar swiping through the different multitasking application .
This was inevitable. In fact I was already waiting for the painful moment where the MeeGo or Maemo 5 user interface would be introduced by S. Jobs as Apple engineered a revolutionary new way to…
But Microsoft doing through placing their mole inside of Nokia saves them the cost of acquisition or law suites. (Skype and Hotmail, Navision will live on but have cost them)

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post: