View Single Post
I'm not sure about you, but certain emails, calls, messages are more important than others. Having a list instead of or as well as the number of such new items would be of great use to me. Getting a borderline spam email is very different then getting an email from a close friend, or from my employer. Looking at the lock screen with this information would be very useful. So to reiterate, I know this was considered in previous mockups but using a small font showing date,sender and subject would be very very welcome. Keep up the thought process. So far it looks like a great project.

fwrnando you don't want a "cluttered" lock screen so perhaps you should be productive and specify exactly what you want to see rather than what you think everybody should want, and step away from putting down others' ideas of a perfect lock screen. Some of us are audiophiles and use our phone largely to listen to music. I know that when I'm cycling a lock screen similar to what has been developed with the feature I specified above would be perfect.

Another thing, the edge to edge drag to unlock bar is really uncomfortable in a device as wide as the N900, you need to move your finger more with this enhanced lockscreen than with the default one. That's definitely a strike against ease of use.
You have obviously never had my problem, namely unlocking the phone while it's in my pocket only to start some random application or call some random person. There are reasons for the lock screen. Actually I would be interested in a more complicated mechanism for unlocking like Android had at least in 1.5-1.6.