View Single Post
Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
we still have no confirmation that we will see the N9 in these countrys... so i still expect the worst...
So what's the worst? That Nokia won't sell it directly? Maybe that you'll get limited support?

Originally Posted by Oliver @ Mobiflip with an 'exclusive'
"Die Antwort ist eigentlich logisch"
Yeah, sure, but logical deduction isn't the same as fact (and on its own doesn't amount to journalism, either).

N900 was a grey market import for everyone living in Canada, but it didn't stop people enjoying it. Worry less and look forward to the N9, despite Nokia's apparent inability to make the most of the [non-WP] opportunities in front of it.

Originally Posted by buchanmilne View Post
AFAIK, we don't have confirmation that we will see N9 anywhere except Sweden, so that is hardly a reason to expect the worst.
Agreed. N8 availability picture took a while to become clear, if memory serves (not that I was waiting to buy one, but still).

Originally Posted by buchanmilne View Post
I would expect to see the N9 from all carriers who had the N900 (which doesn't necessarily help me, no carriers in South Africa offered it, but some service providers did it on carrier contracts).
Why do you have to buy your phone from your carrier? Aren't there SIM-only contracts in SA?

Last edited by shallimus; 2011-06-29 at 13:17.