View Single Post
Posts: 328 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Venezuela
@lkravovicz & buchanmilne; I understand what you guys are saying, and perhaps liveprofile is not suited to your day to day needs, but this is not the case with me, and obviously not with quite a few persons on this thread. Most of the people that i'm in contact with own a PC but just don't have the time to log on to msn and skpe on a day to day basis, either because they are on the move or away from their desk etc. and there is no exchanging image files or sound clips with msn or skype mobile, and then there is the data usage issue, i don't have an unlimited data plan and msn esp. is not optimized for mobile platforms (compression rate is still too high). With an app like liveprofile it makes it much more convenient to keep in touch because lets face it, in this day and age no one leave their cell at home. Multi/cross platform mobile chat app. is the wave of the future, and one with facebook and twitter integration makes it all the better. The debate between closed and open source, free and non-free apps will go on for years but the fact on the matter is that people want it option to choose, that being said, liveprofile coming to the n900 is a good thing, some may like the app and some may not, some may use the app and some may not but at least we have a choice in the matter.

The Following User Says Thank You to carlon For This Useful Post: