View Single Post
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Brighton
So I'm pretty much coming to accept that Maemo/MeeGo isn't going to be on my next phone. The N9 has no hardware keyboard (lord knows I've tried to get on with Swype, but I just can't), the N950 isn't being put on general sale and there are no manufacturers with MeeGo smartphone products slated for release. Although I'd love to pretend the N900 will last me the niggles are growing (no proper Spotify app, can no longer share photos to Facebook, no proper Facebook app, etc.) and the hardware isn't really made to last. So I'm thinking about alternatives, and I wouldn't mind some input from the community on what people are going to replace their N900s with?

I thought Android was the answer - so I bought a cheap one (ZTE Blade) which taught me that I can't stand the half-arsed multitasking - for example, I can't have two e-mails open at once, which I reference when replying to another. I also don't like the phone deciding to close an app, meaning when I switch back it has lost my place (an app-by-app issue, but could be fixed by proper multitasking). So now I'm thinking about the HP Pre 3.

Thoughts?