View Single Post
Originally Posted by sinaisix View Post
I did not say the article said so. What I was implying was that every single decision he's made has not been in Nokia's interest looking at those common sense questions.

His decisions not being in Nokia's interests makes him a MS trojan horse sent in to destroy the mobile giant...or at best to hand it over to Redmond on a silver platter...
rather then a trojan, he could simply be so deeply a product of his (former) environment that he doesn't understand the world outside of m$ any more. maybe one of the reasons he "could"quit m$?
looking @ his career track on his wiki page one can't help wondering...

however;
i can't help feeling that the best description was the Dilbert cartoon someone had posted on "The EPIC N9 anticipation thread" showing the Mgr. announcing a new marketing guy "who previously worked in a shampoo company (or so) but had assured the Mgr. he would have no problem adapting to a technology company..."
the new guy "i thought you said ASTROLOGY???"

obviously Elop is so intoxicated by his nearly 3 yrs @ m$ (his longest tenure yet, by far, at least as a top mgr.) that he doesn't realize how different the mobile phone market (today) is from the Personal Computer market 30 yrs ago
or that the only reason why m@ke$$h!t is one of the biggest software company in the world right now is only because IBM choose them as a gap filler 'til they could get their own PC OS (eventually OS/2) ready. they weren't even able to develop M$-DOS themselves but had to buy (dixit) Quick and Dirty Operating System from another company ¦-))))))))))))
LostDOS NT was developed by a VMS engineer that m$ bought out from DEC...

one can't help wondering what office software has to do with (operating system) technology, but maybe they didn't even look @ his résumé?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post: